hey ive owned my ibonez for quite some time and the humbucker thats along the neck keeps like coming undone . when i got it it wasnt really atached so i took it back and they had someone repaire it for me but it only lasted for a short while. I think that the screw thy used was to short or something my question is how hard will it be to take it out reposition the spring and put in a longer screw? would i mess anything up or should i take it in again ? and im also looking to buy some new humbuckers (mine are stock not bad though ) how hard would it be for me to install those? are there any tips i should know about things to look out for? or should i just go ahead with it? and im very good at michanics so im sure i can do it i just wanna make sure i know what im doing lol thx hope to hear back soon!!!!!
Uh, pics?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Why not get some1 else 2 put pups in 4 u i'd b less trouble nd u wouldnt have 2 worry about breaking anything.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by MacAdam
Why not get some1 else 2 put pups in 4 u i'd b less trouble nd u wouldnt have 2 worry about breaking anything.

what th3 h3ll ar3 u sa1n ??
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by MacAdam

What? It takes like 30 minutes max to change out pickups. It's one of the easiest things to do. The hardest part are the damn springs. Once you get past that, it's two wires to solder, unless you are coil tapping, but anyone that is going to pay someone do to it wouldn't know what coil tapping is anyway. That is the biggest waste of money to pay someone to do a simple job. It's like taking your guitar into the shop to have them replace the strings. It's REALLY hard to screw up a pickup replacement. If you have a Fender style guitar and say that someone should do it for you, you deserve a kick in the nuts. Talk about easy. My Les Paul took me 30 minutes and soldering in a cavity is not an easy task, but it can be done by about anyone.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
i would put up pics if i could i dont have my guitar back yet i moved and its at my old house ill get pics up asap all i have right now to play is my acoustic which isnt bad lol
Quote by btp1188
hey ive owned my ibonez for quite some time and the humbucker thats along the neck keeps like coming undone . when i got it it wasnt really atached so i took it back and they had someone repaire it for me but it only lasted for a short while. I think that the screw thy used was to short or something my question is how hard will it be to take it out reposition the spring and put in a longer screw? would i mess anything up or should i take it in again ? and im also looking to buy some new humbuckers (mine are stock not bad though ) how hard would it be for me to install those? are there any tips i should know about things to look out for? or should i just go ahead with it? and im very good at michanics so im sure i can do it i just wanna make sure i know what im doing lol thx hope to hear back soon!!!!!

judging by your spelling, it would be impossible to put in new pickups. Your spelling reminds me of a caveman. This isnt a friggin instant message, youre talking to real people, not your chronies who think its cool to spell things wrong.
You with a (as you would spell it) "sawtering eyeurn" would end up in severe burns, or a wrecked pickup, or both.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer