Page 1 of 2
Most people have probably seen clips of the film in Metallica's 'One' video, a remake is on it's way this year and it stars Benjamin Mckenzie (who played Ryan Atwood in the O.C) as Joe Bonham, the lead.. Looks interesting
RULE BRITANNIA
right on! that was a really good movie
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by NOtrab
right on! that was a really good movie

Twas.

I have it, somewhere...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
^^ i have it on my comp
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Cool, never seen the film or read the book, but I heard it's good. Might have to see this.
I heard Metallica had to buy the rights to the original movie just to use footage from it in the One video.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
it was a great book-we read it in english class last year
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by Deliriumbassist
wait, so we won't get to see his face for msot of the film?

If so, serves him right for being in close proximity to rachel bilson for f*cking ages, taking my rightful place.

Anyone know where I might be able to find the original movie online?
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I heard Metallica had to buy the rights to the original movie just to use footage from it in the One video.
Aye that's right.
RULE BRITANNIA
has this movie already been released? if not does someone know the date?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
The original was pretty good..
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by saxaxe

Anyone know where I might be able to find the original movie online?

google vid should have it, i watched it on there a few months ago. amazing movie
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
once i read that one was based off it, i wanted to buy the book. i saw it at Borders so maybe i'll buy it. i also IMDBed the old movie and thats how I found out they're making a new one this year!
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
The old movie was fantastic and did very well in portraying the novel IMO, really emotional stuff. I don't think the new movie will be able to compete but I'll wait and see I guess.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Both the movie from 1971 and the book is great in my opinion.
I'm actually reading the book right now. I'm definitely gonna check out both movies as soon as I finish the book. My dad said the 1971 movie wasn't good though, but whatever I'll watch it anyway.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Does that Hollywood screenwrites strike is over? Sorry but that threat and titles of half of in-production films reminded me about it.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
I wonder if they'll "modernise" it...Like set it in the present day and having it based about a soldier being disabled in Iraq?....

Just an idea i'm throwing out here.
That would be pretty cool, probably better, but a lot of fans of the original would probably be pissed off.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
That would be pretty cool, probably better, but a lot of fans of the original would probably be pissed off.

I think it would annoy original fans but then the film will have the appeal of new audience by conveying modern pressing issues of war in our time-line.
Quote by herman ri2
Your finding isn't interesting

How about you give a reason for it not being interesting instead of just being a dick?
RULE BRITANNIA
I can't believe that I've not seen the original yet - or read the book - after knowing about it and interested in it for so many years. I do think that it's vital that One is played somewhere, will be interesting to see that in a film set in the First World War.

Quote by Moggan13
I wonder if they'll "modernise" it...Like set it in the present day and having it based about a soldier being disabled in Iraq?....

No, I'd like to see a film set in the Great War, we don't get so many of those at the moment, and when it comes to the Iraq War, Battle for Haditha is the best one out there at the moment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1078582/

No, it's set in the First World War.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by cobain_is_king
How about you give a reason for it not being interesting instead of just being a dick?

I just don't find it interesting idiot.

SIMPLE, IT IS JUST NOT THAT INTERESTING!

You want me to write it in a more simple form of writing so that you can understand?
Quote by herman ri2

You want me to write it in a more simple form of writing so that you can understand?

Jeez louise...

Who pissed on your cornflakes?
Quote by herman ri2

And you feel you have power and more significance over all the other people and their opinions in this thread, why?

I bought the book a month and a half ago, still haven't gotten to it but what i have read of before is really good. The only problem is it's kind of hard to read the way it was written, but it really isn't that big of a deal.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Pookie6
And you feel you have power and more significance over all the other people and their opinions in this thread, why?

I bought the book a month and a half ago, still haven't gotten to it but what i have read of before is really good. The only problem is it's kind of hard to read the way it was written, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

Well, if someone keeps on pasturing you about then you have to make it more clear to them.
Ah, awesome. That's my favorite book.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Ive been trying to find the movie somewhere, i think im just gona torrent it
Ive heard both the book and film are very good, maybe ill just wait for the remake lol
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Moggan13

I don't think that would be a good idea. i think it would be like re-making the Gdfather and having it take place in 2008 and have it about gangs in the ghetto. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'll probably check it out, Benjamin Mackenzie is a dreamboat <3
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by drunkinkoala
I'll probably check it out, Benjamin Mackenzie is a dreamboat <3

I don't imagine his looks will matter much in this movie.....
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2