Well I've read some articles and heard some people that pentatonic fingering should use 1 to 3 fingers thus leaving pinky out. Is that true? If it is true why?
I'm already used in using my pinky too should I change that?
Thanks in advance.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
As in pentatonic scales?
I always use 4 fingers. I don't think there's an excuse for neglecting your pinky.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
I don't think there's an excuse for neglecting your pinky.

For sure. The more you use it, the better. Good to see you're using the lil' finger, keep it up!
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
yes I mean the pentatonic scale.
Ok guy thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't sure but now I am. Thanks a lot.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
I used to practice the pinky a lot, but i recently started taking lessons from a active musician - he pretty much just streches the 3rd finger to to reach notes that stretch across 4 frets

i like this better after doing it for a while - its easier once you get use to it and also easier for doing some bends
Wait wait wait.
The pentatonic scale in all 5 forms stretches across 4 frets (5 in some cases). Why on earth would anyone suggest not to use the pinky
You're using 4 frets. 4 fingers makes sense right???
And besides that, your pinky is such an important finger when it comes down to it. Strengthen it and don't overlook it. Use your pinky man. Besides it being much more comfortable and natural, it's good technique and better for you.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I used to always use three fingers for the first 3 years or so I was playing. Even for playing major or minor scales. It's only when I wanted to start playing faster I realised that I would need my little finger. And it was seriously tough getting used to it. So I advise getting used to using your pinky because you'll need it eventually.