why do sooo many people hate nickelback these days? i can understand that they are going sort of mainstream and pop, but their old music was good. Curb, the state, featuring songs like leader of men, old enough, little friend..... they used to be good. so why do so many people hate them? they had their good times. now they are having a downer time, but they are not as bad as people exagerate them to be.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
i actually really like them, and really like their new stuff too.

i think a lot of people are close-minded about them
SHEEEEEIT DAWG GET DA HELL OUT MY SIG!

Quote by brandon369852
"I think my friend might kill herself."
"Dude, I think you should call the cops."
"I have a better idea. I'll ask the Pit."
I've always liked them. Most people just jumped onto the Nickelback-hating bandwagon.

For those who actually have valid reasons, I can at least respect their opinions.
i cannot stand nickleback, every single song sounds exactly the same, they really are the prototype for the modern day boring, mediocre modern rock, basically they're in a group with daughtry and hinder. Replace the singer with each one and everything sounds the same. Honestly, there is no band in my mind that I cannot stand more than them. And trust me i have an open mind.
Yeah, I agree, I think Nickelback is just flamed because they found success, and now-a-days, no one likes people who succeed. Something along those lines. Personally, I like their latest album. Animals is a fun song to drum to, If Everyone Cared is an awesome song to just relax and think to, and Follow You Home is cool too. People are sometimes lame.

I'm not saying old Nickelback isn't good (it's my fave from them), but still, new Nickelback isn't bad. It's a lot better than the crap coming from "music" now-a-days (you know, that emo s*it or w/e)
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
Only four responses to a Nickelback hating thread? Oh, it was only posted today. Should take a few more hours before we get hundreds more responses.

For the record, I'm Canadian, so I have some kind of reason to like them. But I don't. They are boring and an earlier poster was right in saying they represent everything that is making modern rock music mediocre.

The Back are not cool.

--- D
The reason people hate Nickelback is because they suck.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
The reason people hate Nickelback is because they suck.

The only reason they suck is because they can write a hit song and sell out arenas, and you can't.
I do agree with people saying they are boring, samey etc. but i wouldnt say they suck. I find alot of there songs very catchy and enjoy some of their (and Kroegers) music.

Yeah too many people jump on the bandwagon as posted earlier.
Quote by freshtunes
The only reason they suck is because they can write a hit song and sell out arenas, and you can't.

No, the reason they suck is because their music isn't very good. The reason they sell out arenas is because there's a lot of people out there who like music that isn't very good.

--- D
Lots of people eat at McDonalds, but that doesn't change the fact it's bad for you and tastes like crap.
Quote by chris_red
I've always liked them. Most people just jumped onto the Nickelback-hating bandwagon.

For those who actually have valid reasons, I can at least respect their opinions.

My reason being my opinion: I don't like their songs.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I love their older stuff, but their latest CD is a made-for-radio album. While I love If Everyone Cared and was a fan of that song before they ever started playing it over and over and over on the radio, the rest of it basically sounds a lot the same. Plus it just fits into a formula for instant radio hit. Not much original to a lot of the new songs. Although, like I said, I do love their older stuff. The Long Road is my favorite album and I'm still a fan. But I feel like they've sold themselves out to the corporate bosses of the record studios to guarantee air time. Sacrificed quality for quantity, i.e. they wrote mediocre stuff that the radio stations would play more of their songs. I'll just stick to the old Nickelback albums though, and hope they come out with a new one in their old styles.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
If Everyone Cared is a great song and has one of the best videos I have ever seen
However, songs like Photograph annoy me a lot. The voice is too strained for my taste and it just seems ingenuine
I enjoyed them to an extent in their earlier days, but I can't get myself to like the music now. Not any mainstream issue, I'm no elitist =P A lot of it just sounds similar and strained.
It could be the fault of the singles, they could have more variety in the albums, but I've never wanted to find out. It's just not intriguing or appealing to me.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

They're boring, generic rock.
It's the same with creed and a bunch of other crappy bands out there.

I'm reporting this, because this'll turn into a flamefest.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
were they always country?

i dont think so. now everytime i hear a new single, it sounds like a country band. i didnt like them much before, now i really dont like them.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!