I'm going to dominican republic soon and i'm wondering if a guitar would survive there.
Would the trip over in the planes cargo hold break it?
Or the extreme humidity?
The rooms are air conditioned so its not in constant exposure.
Thanks in advance.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Make sure you loosen your strings before you go. When ever you are in a new change of temperature. Let the guitar stay in the case. The case allows the temp inside to change slowly.
Should i put a de humidifier in the case?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
cargo holds = extremely dry, i'd say yes put it in there
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

your guitar should be able to withstand that, but if it's an expensive guitar, i just wouldnt take it. I love my guitars, so i wouldnt want to risk breaking or damaging them.
Quote by lexaah
cargo holds = extremely dry, i'd say yes put it in there

Why would he use a dehumidifier in an extremely dry space?
Its not expensive so i suppose i dont lose much
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I took my martin (not a really good one) on vacation a couple times to really hot places and eventually the top started cracking / un-gluing and I had to glue it back on.

So this stuff really can happen so be careful. If you have AC in your hotel I think you should be fine.
Zakk Wyld Epi
SD-1 Overdrive
Martin DX1
Cool, so aslong as its not exposed to very humid or very dry for along time its fine.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
If it is going to be in humid conditions, you can use those silica gel packs (dessicants) that you find in clothing/shoes. I would buy a hygrometer for sure, so you can check the humidity.
as far as loosening the strings on the guitar, thats is actually a point of debate. Lots of manufacturers recommend leaving the strings at full tension when shipping or traveling.
Have a read at the article in the link. Your main worry whenever traveling with a delicate instrument is going to be the baggage handlers. They can be pretty rough on peoples suitcases, guitar cases included. If your serious about taking the guitar on a trip like you are suggesting, read the article and follow his instructions. You might just save yourself the cost of a new guitar when you get back!

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/GenMaint/Packing/packing1.html
Quote by Nike-Man
Why would he use a dehumidifier in an extremely dry space?

woopsy daysie i misread!
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC