hi thanks for readin =]

ill cut straight to the point.

recently me and 2 other guitarists started up a band ( about 3 months ago ) all is going fantasic. we recruited a singer/screamer and its absolutly fantastic.

Then the hard part came along..we decided it was time to recruit a *bass player..

BUT

there imposible to find in my area ( liverpool UK )

so my question really is, is it essential to have a *bass player?

They type of music we play ranges from metalica thrash metal, to screamo black dehalia.

our own material can be compared to killswitch/trivium..

Thanks in advanced [=
Last edited by OutInTheCold at Feb 11, 2008,
Maybe if you advertised for a bass player instead of a base player?
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
+1

Bass is way more important. You should pick the weakest link and make them play bass. Seriously though, if you were putting out ads for a "base" player, everyone who saw it probably thought you were an idiot.
can you guys give any advice for advertisment?

we have put leaflets up in all local music stores, asked friends everything we could think off tbh..

i just think there arnt many players of the *BASS* in Liverpool :\

any one know any haha

thanks for swift comments btw

ANDNDND lol

i didnt do the adds :P, i cant spell..i do english literature in university and i stil cant spell to save my life [=
I don't have much advice other than to print out flyers with some criteria and post them around music shops and lesson studios and whatnot.

But I do have a question.

Is there a purpose for the asterisk? (*bass)
Ive watched bands play live with no bass player and if your drummer can tear it up I dont see a problem.

However...If your drummer cant tear it up take out the weak link guitarist and make him a bass player. Heck its cool to see the lead vocalist as a bass player. Just doesnt happen that often.
Go kidnap Paul McCartney and make him play?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Who ever thinks that bass is more important than guitar is seriously fooling themselves.

Try performing with a Death metal band without a guitarist but only a bassist... I can bet that you would get bottled to death or you will be left with a crowd of 4 people.

Try watching bands like Megadeth,Killswitch, and Metallica live without any guitarists but a bassist.... I bet you would be just standing there in awe.I'm not saying that bass is not important but it is not more important than guitar and who ever thinks it is ,is fooling themselve by saying it is.

But onces again bass is important.
You live in Liverpool I don't think your area is part of the problem at all. If you lived in a little tow of 1000 200 miles from the nearest city, I'd understand your plight. Why not talk to other bands, try to do some networking, see who knows who, etc.
im in the same situation right now

its ****in hard to find a bass player

and all the supposed bass players are just poser noobs at my school
Quote by Techtonic
Who ever thinks that bass is more important than guitar is seriously fooling themselves.

Try performing with a Death metal band without a guitarist but only a bassist... I can bet that you would get bottled to death or you will be left with a crowd of 4 people.

Try watching bands like Megadeth,Killswitch, and Metallica live without any guitarists but a bassist.... I bet you would be just standing there in awe.I'm not saying that bass is not important but it is not more important than guitar and who ever thinks it is ,is fooling themselve by saying it is.

But onces again bass is important.

WOW
it depends on what kind of music you want to play.

Alot of Jazz music doesn't have guitar in it, and has bass.

I can't think of any genre of music that doesn't require a bass to fill the sound.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
it depends on what kind of music you want to play.

Alot of Jazz music doesn't have guitar in it, and has bass.

I can't think of any genre of music that doesn't require a bass to fill the sound.

Br00tal D3th M3t4l
hehe well, i am the drummer :P i can tear it up..sorta :P

played for 9 years =D lol

but yea, bass players are rather hard to come by.

guess we will keep looking and practising

thanks for all posts btw
Quote by OutInTheCold
hehe well, i am the drummer :P i can tear it up..sorta :P

played for 9 years =D lol

but yea, bass players are rather hard to come by.

guess we will keep looking and practising

thanks for all posts btw

haha cool. You know theres a real benefit to having a missing band member....anything that goes wrong you can just say "man we would have nailed it if we had a BASSIST.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
You really can't find a bass player in Liverpool? Isn't that a decently-sized city?
The medium is the message!
its a huge city lol. Seems that every add we put up is ignored.

i meen its not like we aint experienced or nothing

ive played drums 9 years
lead guitar played 6 years
rhythme 4 years

gah :P guess we will keep looking lol