I understand this will most likely be solved by tuning but here goes..

Ive been practicing a rock song and Ive got it down for the most part. Im noticing on the heavier parts of the song my guitar doesnt sound right on with the actual guitar. Its all in drop D (or so the tabs are written) which makes me believe either I'm not tuning it to drop right, Im not tuning the guitar in general right (tuner broke Ive been listening and comparing from online tuners), or my guitar in general just doesnt produce that nice sound.

Id be very upset if its that last conclusion. I do have a starter guitar but Ive only read good things about it online, people seem to be happy with the product even after using for a year or so. Maybe its just my 15w amp? Lol. Im just not sure.

To be honest when I play the heavier part, my guitar seems a bit lower. Hard to explain, it just doesnt have that more RAWR noise. Best I can put it. The song is "Phenomenon" by Thousand Foot Krutch. Maybe theres distortion? I played it in distortion yesterday using a friends pedal and it made it sound better but still not perfect.

Any help ppleeease? This is not the only song that sounds just a little bit off.
Its always hard to get the exact sound of a band unless your using the same hardware as the band :P

but it could be your tuning, best bet would be to get a new tuner and see if that helps the sound
could be alot of things eq, amp (maybe needs to be tube or if you have tube maybe you need solid) hard to tell with out knowing what part doesnt sound right to you i'm not familiar with the song i'll check it out on youtube
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
ya you would have to find out what his rig is. i dont think thats distortion from a pedal.
Quote by Deadmen

Quote by joshjebl
could be alot of things eq, amp (maybe needs to be tube or if you have tube maybe you need solid) hard to tell with out knowing what part doesnt sound right to you i'm not familiar with the song i'll check it out on youtube

hey thanks alot, if your willing to check it heres a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbCWhjB353E

^^he does a great job too.
try scooping the mids there if you have a eq pedal
Quote by Deadmen