Yo, I just got Cubase SX3 and have a mixer so I need interface to go with it.

I was looking at the MOTU pre 8 and was wondering if it was like the MOTU 24 and had a seperate soundcard to put in? Or did it just plug in with a firewire cable?

Other recomendations are cool, it was just one that looked like it ticked all the boxes.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^ you mean this FP10:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FP10-10x10-FireWire-Interface?sku=242036

Thrice_Removed went though using a PreSonus interface and retured it, he said the drivers were the worst he has ever used so I would tend to want to stay away from something like it. The MOTU is a fair interface but some say the drivers are not too stable in windows...

have a look at this poll:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=47274
The MOTU pre 8 uses a basic FireWire 400 cable to connect the unit to your computer. You will need a FireWire card installed, unless you have one integrated on your motherboard. It doesn't come with an additional sound card.

A quick ntoe about the FirePod, I have 2 of them and they can be a pain, if you're just using 1 unit you shouldn't have problems with it.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
Quote by Crazy Drummer69
The MOTU pre 8 uses a basic FireWire 400 cable to connect the unit to your computer. You will need a FireWire card installed, unless you have one integrated on your motherboard. It doesn't come with an additional sound card.

A quick ntoe about the FirePod, I have 2 of them and they can be a pain, if you're just using 1 unit you shouldn't have problems with it.

Yeah I have a firewire port integrated in my motherboard. I just wanted to know coz the MOTU 24 I know has its own specific card with it. Was just wondering if these were the same.

So the general consensus is the FirePod. Awesome, thanks for the help.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yeah my problem with Presonus was only with the drivers/firmware - their units are amazing pieces of hardware and I know many people have gotten them to run fine with XP.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
Yeah my problem with Presonus was only with the drivers/firmware - their units are amazing pieces of hardware and I know many people have gotten them to run fine with XP.

Do they have drivers for Vista?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Vista 32-bit, not 64.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Ahh that's ok. I have 32 bit.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau