Okay so I've been playing bass for four years, but recently I've noticed a metallic noise when I put my fingers down to play the bridge of Becoming the Dragon by Trivium.
I've played fast songs since I picked up the bass, but for some reason I can't get the sound to stop.

I play the bridge like:
700800700800 on the B string which is about 120-130 bpm or faster (i don't have guitar pro or a metronome)

Any tips on how to get the noise to stop? It's only when I put my fingers down on the fret board for that point in the song.
I've been trying to get a more solid hold on the string when I put my fingers down, but I end up falling behind.
actions a bit too low? either that or you need a higher guage string as its too slack.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
actions a bit too low? either that or you need a higher guage string as its too slack.

I concur. It's being played on the B string, so the 'clacking' sound you're hearing pretty much can't be avoided. TS, I'm assuming it's not coming from your amp, unless your strings are brand new.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
No, it's not coming from my amp. I was thinking it was just because it was the B string and not any others.
Try and play it with a lighter touch. If you slow down, and play it calmly at half time, you'll perfect the way to play it without clacking.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410