I'm not looking for a crit per se, but I don't know what to title this piece. Usually, I try to keep a main theme about the music, but no images come to mind when I listen to it. A bit of a failure on my part, but I was concentrating more on subtle undertones ... the music behind the music, I guess.

But if this makes you think of something like an event or an object or a character, I'd love to get a little feedback.

Of course, c4c still applies. I'm always more than happy to put some insight into your work, too.
Attachments:
piquet-1.zip
Hmm...
It sounds really peaceful and ?mysterious? in the beginning sort of. Sort of like you're looking out over the ocean all alone at sunset in remembrance or with a somber attitude... Sort of like the end of the cartoon version of The Hobbit... Or Lord Of The Rings.. The last time I saw that was like when I was 7 or something(10 years ago).. lol But it's one of those two. =P

Right before and during the "solo" sounds like a memory scene or something.. Like regret... Sort of made me think of what it would be like if Cloud was thinking about when Aerith was killed in FF7.

Hope I helped out. =P
Care to listen to one of mine? Preferrably the bottom one, but whichever you would like. =)
Pretty cool, very nice melancholy vibe. I liked the pattern and arrangement, and the song change in measure 49 before the solo-type thing.

Only thing I didn't like was that guitar 2 sounded rather muddy, maybe it's just Guitar Pro's fault, but I changed it to an acoustic and it sounded much nicer I think. Overall, 8/10.

Crit my song? It's in my sig.
First, thank you for the quick responses.

I can see how it comes out as a darker piece. But, actually "regret" is a very good description of it. Now I just need to come up with a fancy title. ..You know what, Garb? You nailed this one right on the button. Aerith would be a great title for this.

Fleetingillness - I was actually contemplating whether I should play guitar2 with an acoustic or if I should plug in, but I ultimately felt those triplet 16th, strum areas were more important than the melody, just for the pure dynamic of that kind of "music behind the music" I was looking for. Though I know there is some way to add effects in the middle of the track - I don't know my way around guitar pro. I usually just tab things out in powertab, then import to gp for the rse.

But, I'll check out your songs, and anyone elses who might stop by.