Page 1 of 3
Probably the most technical band that i have ever heard. their debut album, Apocalyptic Feasting, came out recently, anyone else get it?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Spawn Of Possession is more technical in my opinion, but Braindrill has sick speed
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Try Spawn of Possession, Cryptopsy or psycroptic, all 3 are a lot more technical then brain drill

If you want pure speed then its nile, anaal nathrakh and digorge

Preety boring band nothing special but nothing against them. Definately a meh band
Quote by Anooplol
Try Spawn of Possession, Cryptopsy or psycroptic, all 3 are a lot more technical then brain drill

Preety boring band nothing special but nothing against them. Definately a meh band

+1. Also their drummer is really really over rated.
^ Yeah, idk he can just play ridiculously fast, but I don't really see any creativity in it. Pretty good stuff overall though.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by Anooplol

i'm definitly going to try Spawn of Possesion, but i have heard Cryptopsy and didnt find them nearly as technical as Brain Drill. and i can't stand psycroptic they're just way too random for me. anyway, that was just a way of introducing them, not really a challenge. lol.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
i'm definitly going to try Spawn of Possesion, but i have heard Cryptopsy and didnt find them nearly as technical as Brain Drill. and i can't stand psycroptic they're just way too random for me. anyway, that was just a way of introducing them, not really a challenge. lol.

REALLY?! cryptopsy are WAY more tech imho. Listen to stuff like carrionshine, the pestilence or even we bleed.

Psycroptic are good imo also, i dunno how they could be thought of as random though

Definately disgorge are more tech though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKQ-xIRCvwg
the american one btw not the mex one
They're not a terrible band. Not much diversity. I'll listen to them every once in a while
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Psycroptic don't come close to BD in technicality, lol. Brain Drill are pretty good but I only have that demo thing they released.
I haven't heard Apocalyptic Feasting, but the Parasites EP was pretty cool. Maybe a little repetitive
I got The Parasites when it came out, really good stuff. I need Apocalyptic Feasting, even if its only 4 new songs.
Quote by Anooplol
REALLY?! cryptopsy are WAY more tech imho. Listen to stuff like carrionshine, the pestilence or even we bleed.

Psycroptic are good imo also, i dunno how they could be thought of as random though

Definately disgorge are more tech though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKQ-xIRCvwg
the american one btw not the mex one

i just heard Spawn and they're really good from the bit that i heard, although i'm waiting for the discography to pass judgment on technicality and overall goodness. also i checked and i was wrong, i was thinking of psyopus when i said that psycroptic are random. truly can't stand psyopus. anyway, i'm getting some Spawn of Possesion and pyscroptic soon

and that youtube vid was good, although slow starting.
I'm really liking this cd, mainly for the bassist thought some of those lines he's tapping are just insane. Spawn of Possession are more technical and I'd say just better particularly in Noctambulant, with Cryptopsy Flo is one of the best in the business but the guitar works more technical with BD, and with Psycroptic Dave's one of my favorite drummers but I really don't like the new vocals and I don't think they're as technical either.
IMHO psycroptic are way more tech in both guitar and drums. I do prefer Chalky over jason though, and scepter is definately in my top 5 metal albums. If you want brutality and technicality though you should check out defeated sanity. They send out tabs every so often so ill attach one

The file im ataching has been out for a while and phil from ROG has done a cover of it HERE
Attachments:
prelude.zip
Quote by player o slayer
pitruzella still with them? hes amazing

yes he is
hopefully he will stay with
i def like what hes doing with them

and their bass is sick
well everyone in there is really good at what they do

ahah i wish i could do hyperblasts
Got bored of them really really fast. The technicallity is dope, but after a while it's the same track over and over again.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Great live show too.

Don't listen to em though
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I liked them for a while but them it just seemed repetitive to me. I LOVE technical bands but they seem to use a lot of the same riffs and arpeggios. I will listen to them every once in a while but I dont think their anything truly unique.

EDIT: So, I have been listening to them a bit more lately and I have to completely take back what I said. I am loving their stuff! I am going to put them personally as me third favorite technical death metal band.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Last edited by HedBanger24/7 at Feb 25, 2008,
haha yeah over ganja.

That blows.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
That was some strange reading...I'm not sure what to think of all that assorted douchiness.
They didn't break up over weed so much as what's his face not liking people poking around his anus looking for it.

I've never really listened to them, but that was an amusing read, alright.
I looked at their myspace for the reason they split up. I think this is the main reason, hahahaha.

"The cop then responded " well since you think it’s bull**** we are now going to give all of you FULL BODY CAVITY SEARCHES". So I was the first one to get searched. They completely stripped me naked had me lift my ballsack up so they could check underneath it, and then they had me bend over and spread my asscheaks apart so they could look inside my asshole." -Dylan

Lol. They even have a ****ing myspace fight in the comments section of that blog, lmao. How ****ing lame. I have a feeling that **** is fake.

Their new stuff is pretty cool though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i dunno
as much as i hope the stories fake
something like that can only be slightly exaggerated, not just made up as a sick joke
theyre a good band though
its a shame they had to end over **** like this
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Well, to be fair their profile name is "Brain Drill Have Lost Three Members," so Dylan may keep Brain Drill alive with a new lineup.
I don't really like them, but I might give them another chance soon. It's been a while since I listened to them.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
According to Lambgoat, Brain Drill is dead for now. Serious band dysfunction leading to almost serious legal issues. Sucks.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Page 1 of 3