Okay here is my situation.. I play with three fingers on my bass and I notice that when I use my ring finger, It makes a really clicky sound... any suggestions on how to get rid of that annoying "click" sound.

It might be from hitting the pick ups, because they come out kind of far out of my bass, I have an Ibanez EDB 700.
maybe you're hitting the string too hard with your ring. kinda like you're slapping. try playing with only index and middle finger also. could make things a lot easier
The only thing I am also trying to increase my speed and technique and the only way to go is to learn with the ring finger, I am doing pinky work too, but that's going a lot better.
Is that clicking due to fret buzz? Raise the action if you need to.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
The thing about it is, I take it to the shop for them to take care of all my action and stuff.. So I really don't believe that it would be that.
My jazz has been doing crazy stuff like that.
I just put it away and bought a new bass because I really shouldnt mess with it anyway.
is it like a knocking sound though?
You might be hitting the string with your ring finger flat in a downwards direction, towards the frets, as opposed to parallel to the frets, like you should.

If you were hitting the pickups, there would be a horrible and very loud THWAP! when amplified - you'd know it when you hear it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Your finger might be digging in a bit too hard. try playing with just your ring finger and see if it still does it, and adapt. unless its amplified or it kills your sustain i wouldn't worry too much about it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
That is most definitely a possiblity, it makes like a click as if you were to click your tounge.
Its probably the string hitting the very last fret then.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Its probably the string hitting the very last fret then.

+1

Try picking perpendicular to the pickups (rofl), but some people like to go for the slappy percussive tone just because it is so awesome.
UNLEASH THE F0CKING BURGERS!!

10/2007 - Westfield B4000
10/2007 - Meridian SKAK20BA
01/2008 - Ibanez SR 506
02/2008 - Hughes & Kettner BK 200
Quote by thefitz
You might be hitting the string with your ring finger flat in a downwards direction, towards the frets, as opposed to parallel to the frets, like you should.

If you were hitting the pickups, there would be a horrible and very loud THWAP! when amplified - you'd know it when you hear it.

this is exactly what i'm thinking.
un-fortunatly, i had the same problem a few(hundred) years back, and we didn't have a nice place like UG Bass, to get answers from, so i had my ring finger surgically
removed, along with my pinky finger. if only i had realized it was my technique causing the unwanted noises, i could have escaped a lifetime of being called...
"lobster claw", but i digress. Bales! pass the mustard!
One way to get an even attack with all three fingers is to let the plucking movement come from the knuckles. It's something that doesn't generally come naturally, but it worked wonders on giving me an even sound and increased my speed.
(above me) That does make a lot of sense, I've never really thought about it this way I will most definitely work on that.