I'm buying a new guitar and have decided on a Jackson, but now I really can't decide which one a want... A KV2 or RR1... They're both awesome looking guitars and an amazing body style, both have Seymour Duncan pickups, etc..

What're some of the main advantages of both guitars? I play a lot of metal (BFMV, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica) and a good amount of other random music, including a decent amount of drop C material. I already have a Les Paul SG Custom and a Schecter Synyster Custom (that has a floyd rose bridge and nut).

So what guitar should I get and should I get it with the Floyd Rose or not? Would having another be helpful (cuz I really like the one I have now other than the fact it's a pain in the ass to tune). Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

And now I'm looking at the WR1 Warrior by Jackson also... I'm really stuck.
Last edited by LoneWolf59X at Feb 11, 2008,
welllllll... i wouldn't get one just for the whammy....... some tune-o-matic bridges are good.
Quote by fiendcracker
welllllll... i wouldn't get one just for the whammy....... some tune-o-matic bridges are good.

I wouldn't be getting it just for the Floyd Rose. Like I said, I already have one (my Schecter). I was just asking that if having another one along side of that would provide any benefit or not.
Quote by ironman1478
kv2 dude that thing is phenomenal

Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm leaning more towards the KV2, but the only other thing that's really making this a hard choice is the fact that I know a place where I can get the RR1 for about $1499 due to the fact it supposedly has a blemish in it. Plus it's in stock now and I could have it in a few days. The KV2 I would just be buying new for about $1999-$2499 and probably just ordering it straight form Jackson. Think I should still go with the KV2?
it is tough decision because you no matter which you pick, you get a great guitar. the RR1 is also quite amazing but since you do save quite a bit you could also get like an amp or some pedals with the left over cash so its really your call. you are in a win-win situation
Well if you have the money for the KV2 I would go for that. I just ordered a blemished RR1, the only reason I did order that was because theres no possible way I could pay for a brand new one.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Hmmmmm.... alright, cool. I'll probably go with the KV2. It's just looking like the all around better choice right now. Thanks for the input guys, it helped me out a lot