I love the piano melody. This is a good song.

You've got a lot of talent floating around in there.

I've listened to a lot of your songs on MySpace now and here's what I think:

I'm the guy that compared you to The Faint. I said your music was softer than theirs, and could sound better if you made it sound a little rougher.

After hearing more of your songs, I feel that even more. I wanted to give you some solid constructive criticism this time instead of something so open ended as what I said last time.

The bass is too far back, and the vocals are too close. Back the vocals down in the mix a little, and realize when you double/triple your vocals and harmonize, etc... that they layer on top of each other and start getting really loud. When I left the room to get a beer from the kitchen, I could still hear your vocals clearly but couldn't make out much of the music.

If you back them down a little, and bring up the bass so it kicks more... it should do the trick.

I feel that you could do some wicked dance electro music if you get the rhythm section kicking hard. I suppose you want the guitars to just accent the song, and you could still do that.

Here's a song by The Faint that does just that. It's all synth and bass, and it kicks hard. The guitars are in the background. The bass has a little overdrive grit on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv8mJfDPxuA&feature=related

So I suppose what I'm saying is, you don't need to change your music at all... maybe just try mixing it a little differently, and lets see what happens.

I added you on MySpace.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Pretty awesome. Really good actually. And the rock/hip hop thing works. I like it a lot. This sounds like something that would be on the radio (not in a bad way).

I agree the mix could be improved a bit, listen to the guy above. Otherwise awesome quality.
Last edited by shortyafter at Feb 12, 2008,
the piano in this is really cool! the beat was pretty good as well, although you should distort the clap a bit so it's stronger. vocals were good, but i think they could have been better with just one track. bass was a bit too far back. good job with the syncronized distortion guitar bits!

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784464
Too cool for a signature.
thanks for the replies so far guy! really encouraging!

i have a new rockier track under the new one called "over soon" also just to say

thanks for the comments production wise, i will keep these in mind for remixing before i make a demo up for industry people etc.

any more comments/crit/questions very welcome!!!