Hey all, just recently my first and second fret on the high E stopped working. I tried raising my action and it didn't make any difference. They both just sound a muffled G note (3rd fret). This happened after I put on a new pair of strings, which are just fine (I even replaced the E string with a different one and it did the same thing). Any quick fixes or am I doomed?
same thing is up with my acoustic.

my 14th and 15th frets sound the same.

sorry, but i dont know what is up with it.
Sounds like you need to take it to your local guitar shop. It shouldn't be that much of a problem. Maybe bridge or neck needs adjusting. Did you make big change in gauges? Because if so, its most likely your bridge.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Take it to a professional. Maybe the frets are so low that the string is touching the 3rd fret? Try raising your action even more, until it's too high to play, then take it into a pro.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Your fret could be worn down. Seems odd that it just happens so suddenly if thats the case.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
I didn't make any change in guage. I've raised the action as high as I can get it, and the notes still won't ring.

If I just need to adjust my bridge, can anybody guide me through it? I'm a hundred miles from a guitar shop.
Quote by CowboyUp
I didn't make any change in guage. I've raised the action as high as I can get it, and the notes still won't ring.

If I just need to adjust my bridge, can anybody guide me through it? I'm a hundred miles from a guitar shop.

We're going to need pictures. But seriously, just play another guitar if you can, and then plan a 100 mile road trip.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.