Page 1 of 5
We've all had it happen. You hear about how great an album is, so you have to go out and hear it. And when you do hear it, it's a lot worse than you expected.

Post the albums here. I'll start:

...And Justice For All. This album was highly recommended to me by most of my friends, and I'm a bit of a Metallica fan, so I decided to pick it up. Worst $10 I've ever spent. I tried to take it back, but they wouldn't cause it was open.

From the hideous "Blackened" through the decent "One" to the horrid end on "Dyers Eve," this was hands down the worst I've ever heard.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I like ...And Justice For All. The drum recordings are horrible, but the songs are pretty cool.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
My friends hype up ...AJFA a bit too much as well.

I think Tommy by The Who was a bit too hyped for me as well. Not a bad album, but not a amazing as critics/everyone else says.

And then theirs Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater. I'm a huge DT fan and I was pretty disappointed with this album . Most of my friends think it's their best one..
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by PlayMadness

...And Justice For All. This album was highly recommended to me by most of my friends, and I'm a bit of a Metallica fan, so I decided to pick it up. Worst $10 I've ever spent. I tried to take it back, but they wouldn't cause it was open.

From the hideous "Blackened" through the decent "One" to the horrid end on "Dyers Eve," this was hands down the worst I've ever heard.

You have GOT to be trolling. AJFA is an amazing album even though the bass lacks any volume.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Doodleface
And then theirs Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater. I'm a huge DT fan and I was pretty disappointed with this album . Most of my friends think it's their best one..

=O Systematic Choas Kicked ass
Amnesiac by Radiohead. im a huge Radiohead fan, OK Computer, The Bends, and Kid A are like my favorite cds ever, but i Amnesiac just sounds like complete crap

o, as for systematic chaos, i love that cd, but its not their best. scenes from a memory and train of thought are my favs
Quote by DillusionSystem
I LOVE led zeppelin, but god i cannot STAND how overrated led zeppelin IV is.

+1 Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy ftw!!!!

Anyway mine would be the Black Album. All of my friends were like "Dude listen to this, it's the ****!" And it was indeed ****. I hated it and still do.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by DillusionSystem

+a billion!

Led Zeppelin II was so much better.
Quote by thankyougermany

Anyway mine would be the Black Album. All of my friends were like "Dude listen to this, it's the ****!" And it was indeed ****. I hated it and still do.

Houses of the holy is my favorite album of ALL time
Quote by PlayMadness

PlayMadness... I think I love you.

EDIT:
Quote by DillusionSystem

You took the words right out of my mouth. Zeppelin IV is a waste of time.

Other ones that disappointed me:
Back In Black (helped me come to my senses, and completely turned me off from AC/DC)
Systematic Chaos (still DT's awesome work, but not as good as I'd hoped it'd be)
Last edited by synpet713192 at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by thankyougermany

+infinity
Quote by PlayMadness
We've all had it happen. You hear about how great an album is, so you have to go out and hear it. And when you do hear it, it's a lot worse than you expected.

Post the albums here. I'll start:

...And Justice For All was a great album. I didn't care if the production was bad. Put that aside and just listen to the music, the songwriting is brilliant.

And above, yes Systematic Chaos was a big downer, i was so amped up to get it then

Ok, my input. Bullet For My Valentines new album, they use to have this great feel to there music that no other band had (the Bullet Edge). But now it's just generic metal that all the other bands are putting out. I was quite disappointed.
Deliverance, by Opeth.

I own and love every other Opeth album, but I honestly almost hate that album. The song Deliverance is the only track I like, but only about half of that.
Who dat?
Are You Dead Yet? by Children of Bodom.

Friend recommended it to me. I thought it was awful. Follow the Reaper was much, much better.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
+a billion!

Led Zeppelin II was so much better.

And III has got to be the most under-rated.

I'd say the last 3 or 4 Foo Fighters albums have disappointed me.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
...And Justice For All is a masterpeice though the bass you cannot hear...
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
People tole me how great and essential Blessed Are The Sick by Morbid Angel is, so I bought it and found I only liked 3 out of the 15 tracks. I was very dissapointed.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Vince Noir
And III has got to be the most under-rated.

I'd say the last 3 or 4 Foo Fighters albums have disappointed me.

True, but II has the best guitar works of any of their albums. Heartbreaker, Lemon Song, Moby Dick (for drums). Bring it on home is also one of my favorite riffs ever.
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel.

Maybe I just haven't let it sink in enough but it just didn't seem as incredible and potentially life changing as everyone made it out be..
Guns N' Roses - Every album

My sister gave me their greatest hits for Christmas one time and I liked a lot of the songs on it. So I got Appetite and it was meh. Some songs not on the GH were okay but bleh...Then I got Use Your Illusion I, I'm pretty much done with them for anything else. They do have a handful of great songs but their wedged in crap. (Coma for one.)

Also, Captain Beefheart. I love Frank Zappa and I know he and Zappa worked together a lot. So I hear about his album "Trout Mask Replica". It's supposed to be really good, and I love weird music, so I start listening to it...Ugg...Just ugg...
Quote by suthy16
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel.

Maybe I just haven't let it sink in enough but it just didn't seem as incredible and potentially life changing as everyone made it out be..

Maybe you're not underground indie artsy enough.

Sorry, but everyone I know who likes that album is one of those type of people..
Who dat?
AJFA is one of my all time favourite albums, actually. If you can get past the bad mixing... But hey, who needs bass guitar?
Led Zeppelin - 4 - My friends said this is the single most influential album in pop history...Meh.

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless - Apart from about 3 songs, I found this to be outragously boring, and pretty much underproduced

Radiohead - Amnesiac - Every radiohead fan I've met said this album is incredible...not so much. Boring as hell.

The Cure - Disintegration - Apart from a few good songs, it's very much a gigantic bore. More of a Head on the Door fan
Im gonna get flamed, but Dark Side of the Moon. I was expecting one of the greatest albums of all time, and I think thats what did it for me, too over-hyped. And its not my kind of music.
Quote by Anarion614
Maybe you're not underground indie artsy enough.

Sorry, but everyone I know who likes that album is one of those type of people..

Well that's one thing, I'm not ridiculously indie or artsy.. But I'm also not close minded. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is good. very good. But it just seems to have this reputation that it's incredible and I just don't quite get why, ya know?
Quote by jwizzle5786
Im gonna get flamed, but Dark Side of the Moon. I was expecting one of the greatest albums of all time, and I think thats what did it for me, too over-hyped. And its not my kind of music.

Meh, it's a love it-or leave it situation.

If it's not your kind of music, I wouldn't expect you to like it.

And yet it's still my #1 favorite
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by jwizzle5786

Add that to my list...

Actually I lost my virginity to Shine on you crazy diamond...But Wish you were here is definately the stronger album.
Quote by suthy16
Well that's one thing, I'm not ridiculously indie or artsy.. But I'm also not close minded. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is good. very good. But it just seems to have this reputation that it's incredible and I just don't quite get why, ya know?

That's how it seems to be with a lot of indie albums. Indie kids will tell you an album is the most incredible thing anyone's ever heard as long as it's pretty good and you've never listened to it.
echoes, silence, patience and grace - foo fighters

like im sorry for all of the foo fans but after hearing the pretender and hearing all the good reviews i relly thought it would be good but its all like boring acoustic pointless songs....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Colors - Between the Buried and Me

Everyone said the album was amazing. it got all sorts of best of 2007 awards but I was instantly turned off by it, I did not like it at all, I listened to it 3 times in total and I just can't get into it.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Long Road Out of Eden.

It just didn't do it for me. I don't know if they were too high, not high enough, or what, but I only enjoyed 4 or 5 songs on the album.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 5