Page 1 of 8
Tell any stories of stupidity at the hands of your school faculty. Sorry if this ahs bene done I checked the search bar and saw nothing.

I think the stupidest thing my school has done was we got a bomb threat (thats what my father informed me the news report said, they told us it was a drug raid and yet we saw the essex county bomb squad around the ubilding and the dogs were specialized in weapons).But yea we got a bomb threat and they locked us up in the rooms on Lockout (a procedure, basically the equivelent of code yellow. we lock all the doors and the day proceeds, no one in or out)
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
There is a certain set of stairs you can';t go up at lunch time if you are in 4th year and lower :S
so to get the the library you have to go the long way round :S
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Our principals and teachers have started patrolling the halls with walkie-talkies.

We aren't allowed to use the bathroom for the first and last 20 minutes of class.

After 15 absences, we are kicked from the class(es) we missed.

In one of our computer communications classes, sorting and taking out the recycling is worth 10% of your mark.
Senior prank last year was a fake bomb threat, so we stood in the parking lot all f*cking day.
During exam weeks, we only have 2 exams per day, but you have to have your parents sign a paper to leave after them (or stay for another 3 unnecessary hours).
My principal recieved a subpoena for perjury, and no one seemed to care.
We had a snow day in which it didn't snow.
Quote by atla18
Tell any stories of stupidity at the hands of your school faculty. Sorry if this ahs bene done I checked the search bar and saw nothing.

I think the stupidest thing my school has done was we got a bomb threat (thats what my father informed me the news report said, they told us it was a drug raid and yet we saw the essex county bomb squad around the ubilding and the dogs were specialized in weapons).But yea we got a bomb threat and they locked us up in the rooms on Lockout (a procedure, basically the equivelent of code yellow. we lock all the doors and the day proceeds, no one in or out)

Where do you live dude? I live in essex county Massachusetts as well. I also had a bomb threat but the school failed to tell us about it.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Making us go to school today. The roads were terrible. There was a bus stuck in the middle of the road.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Our principals and teachers have started patrolling the halls with walkie-talkies.

We aren't allowed to use the bathroom for the first and last 20 minutes of class.

After 15 absences, we are kicked from the class(es) we missed.

In one of our computer communications classes, sorting and taking out the recycling is worth 10% of your mark.

we get 3 absences for first quarter, 4 for asecond, 4 for third and 3 for fourth. if you go over those numbers, you get a mark called "E" in which case you need to make up absences or fail for the year.

kinda stupid if you ask me. you get hit with one bad illness and fail the whole yaer.

my teachers have always had walkie talkies
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
Where do you live dude? I live in essex county Massachusetts as well. I also had a bomb threat but the school failed to tell us about it.

idk if it was essex TBH i didnt see it nor do i know my own district until a huge storm comes up

everett
Quote by wannabe jesus
We're not allowed MP3 players... but laptops are fine....
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Sabbath89
We're not allowed MP3 players... but laptops are fine....

we're the same way. thyeyve also incorporated this thing called "silent studies" where teachers cna make their study be completely silent (as per the name). a study period is supposed to be like chill relax its free period kinda ****. my gf got yelled at for askin the girl next to her obut their math HW
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by synpet713192

We had a snow day in which it didn't snow.

Yeah, my school too. Actually, the whole district, really. But it was like... -30 or something. And there was an ice storm or something the night before. We might also have to make up a few days for the snow days because our district is stupid and only plans for one snow day. We've had four, and need to make up three.

One of our assistant principals walks around the school with a megaphone. In the beggining of the year, you can find an old tall lady walking around with a megaphone in the lunch room basicly acting like a traffic updater. "You might want to move to this line where there's fewer people!" and nobody ever listens.

You can't use cell phones during lunch. LUNCH. I was standing in line with my phone out and a teacher tells me to put it away. IT WAS LUNCH! Honestly, that's some of the stupidest crap I've heard, and none of the students understand the cell phone policy at all.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
They raped me... Financially.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
When my school spent a ridiculous amount of money on Astroturf for the football field, they celebrated by renting a helicopter and hiring 4 professional stunt men to jump out of the helicopter with parachutes. I hate School Sports, I don't think there is a better way to waste Tax Money.

Also, not too long ago we were expecting about an inch or two of snow, and everyone was talking about how there was going to be a snow day. It was too warm for snow, and we had rain. School was still canceled.
Last edited by doggy_hat at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by ANTHRAX†

I'm out of school.
thats pretty stupid of them
Quote by wannabe jesus
about 70% of the teachers in my school signed a petition saying they wouldn't go back to work after the summer hoidays unless our principal was fired.... never happened.
oh and our school makes us learn entirely through irish, which is a dead ****ing language!! pisses me of no end... but there's a high court case being taken against the school at the moment, demanding we learn through english
Fun Animal Facts #23: The pit can skeletonise a cow in under three minutes
Quote by E V H 5150
Yeah, my school too. Actually, the whole district, really. But it was like... -30 or something. And there was an ice storm or something the night before. We might also have to make up a few days for the snow days because our district is stupid and only plans for one snow day. We've had four, and need to make up three.

One of our assistant principals walks around the school with a megaphone. In the beggining of the year, you can find an old tall lady walking around with a megaphone in the lunch room basicly acting like a traffic updater. "You might want to move to this line where there's fewer people!" and nobody ever listens.

You can't use cell phones during lunch. LUNCH. I was standing in line with my phone out and a teacher tells me to put it away. IT WAS LUNCH! Honestly, that's some of the stupidest crap I've heard, and none of the students understand the cell phone policy at all.

If they see our phones they take it. First time a week second a month third, rest of the year
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
We're not allowed to were baggy jeans, hats, gang related stuff but then there was a day that all the female teachers dressed up all gangster (BAGGY PANTS, HATS) that just makes no sence to me at all and the male teachers and priciple dressed up in dresses im sure were not allowed to cross dress
my school has come up with the best idea ever. not. i hate my district. anyway it's called INTERVENTION PERIOD you have to get you planner stamped by all your teachers if you are passing, if you have all the stams you get an extra 20 min of lunch, if not you set in a class for 20 min to "get extra help" but theres never enough time anyway... usless and id rather just go home 20 erlier thanmore lunch.

A close second is the ADVISORY PERIOD. its an extra 40 minute period every other week in which we "learn study habits" and "lern how to be more accepting people" you know that kind of BS. but in reality non of the teachers do anything so we just sit there for 40 minues.

GAY
If its not fender than whatever]
My school wastes money so we don't have buses. everyone walks. .
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
Making us go to school that should clearly be a snow day, or having a snow day when the roads aren't bad at all. I'm not complaining about the latter, but it was still a stupid decision.

Quote by ffud

GAY

Yeah, that is pretty homosexual.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
my school banned jeans.

you read right. if we wear blue denim pants, we get detention.

i think i win.
or lose?
whatever.
Go Veg.
Quote by Sw00t
My school wastes money so we don't have buses. everyone walks. .

football team gets all their equipment for free from what i can tell. we win the superbowl in this sate pretty much every year. when it comes down to the football team everyone knwos. everything else no one cares. boys football and girls hockey is all that matter.

the football team gets leather jackets, embroided with school patches and their names for free at the end of the season.

the only reason we still have music is because the football team needs their marching band, and i think we all know it. toherwise the music dept. would be gone by now.
im in the orchestra violin) there and no one knwos we exist. we bene around for like 8 years now and we throw a fundaiser and the only people who show up are family. people think we are better than the marching band but becauwse of that we get thrown away. marching band goes to floorida for a week every year. we're trying to coe up with sweatshirts for everyone to get out of the funraising money we got this year (from one fundraiser). we've never done anything. everyone in the high school orchestra has been qwith it since the teacher started 8 yeasr ago (he taught second and up, i was in second. lucky me). everyone in there is a senior short of maybe 5 people, so the original orchestra is pretty much done this year. we dont get ****. -.-

Quote by im not mental
my school banned jeans.

i think i win.
or lose?
whatever.

wtf......? is there a reason?
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by im not mental
my school banned jeans.

i think i win.
or lose?
whatever.

Yes. You Win. What were the justifications for such a rule?

Quote by atla18
football team gets all their equipment for free from what i can tell. we win the superbowl in this sate pretty much every year. when it comes down to the football team everyone knwos. everything else no one cares. boys football and girls hockey is all that matter.

the football team gets leather jackets, embroided with school patches and their names for free at the end of the season.

the only reason we still have music is because the football team needs their marching band, and i think we all know it. toherwise the music dept. would be gone by now.
im in the orchestra violin) there and no one knwos we exist. we bene around for like 8 years now and we throw a fundaiser and the only people who show up are family. people think we are better than the marching band but becauwse of that we get thrown away. marching band goes to floorida for a week every year. we're trying to coe up with sweatshirts for everyone to get out of the funraising money we got this year (from one fundraiser). we've never done anything. everyone in the high school orchestra has been qwith it since the teacher started 8 yeasr ago (he taught second and up, i was in second. lucky me). everyone in there is a senior short of maybe 5 people, so the original orchestra is pretty much done this year. we dont get ****. -.-

None of it is for free.
Follow me on Twitter
I guess there were a lot of things when I was at school. There was an incident with a man with a shotgun running around the field at the same time as someone set off the alarm randomly during a school inspection. He claimed he was only shooting ferrets, so the police let him go.
Quote by brandon369852
None of it is for free.

the players dont have to pay for them anyway. anyone else hat gets something special, like a field trip or some sort of thing like that pays. they get it handed to them becuase they are the football team.

youd need to go to my school to understand the anger most of me and my friends bear towards people in the football team. -.-
Quote by wannabe jesus
At least our band goes on trips each year(with each student paying $500+....). We're going to florida this year and next year in marching Hawaii. Damn i wish i could have done marching this year, they are going to Germany D:.
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
Quote by atla18
the players dont have to pay for them anyway. anyone else hat gets something special, like a field trip or some sort of thing like that pays. they get it handed to them becuase they are the football team.

youd need to go to my school to understand the anger most of me and my friends bear towards people in the football team. -.-

I'm sure my schools basically the same, except our school is based around sports in general. Most of the time, they hold charities or car washes(for volleyball teams.) They won't just hand out free leather jackets, unless they take it from the taxes which may not be far from the truth.

Quote by Sw00t
At least our band goes on trips each year(with each student paying $500+....). We're going to florida this year and next year in marching Hawaii. Damn i wish i could have done marching this year, they are going to Germany D:.

You are extremely lucky. We go every 3 or 4 years, and it's always to Flordia. Next year we're going down to Orlando. But Hawaii?! That would be the greatest trip ever.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Feb 11, 2008,
It didn't blow up...... Yet.
Holy S H I T! I can HEAR how ugly you are.

Also, would you like to take a shower in my Gleek?

___

Music is life!

___

Quote by Kensai

I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.
Quote by brandon369852
I'm sure my schools basically the same, except our school is based around sports in general. Most of the time, they hold charities or car washes(for volleyball teams.) They won't just hand out free leather jackets, unless they take it from the taxes which may not be far from the truth.

woudlnt doubt it if they took from the taxes. cause theres no way in hell that the football team needs to hold fundraisers.

at the most id say they take from the mony they charge to get into the games but idk if they actually do charge any
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by atla18

mansfield always wins the superbowl!
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by atla18
woudlnt doubt it if they took from the taxes. cause theres no way in hell that the football team needs to hold fundraisers.

at the most id say they take from the mony they charge to get into the games but idk if they actually do charge any

Or if people like the team so much, someone really rich donates money every year to the football boosters so they can get all the nice things.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by kidsilcon
They raped me... Financially.

yeh, and they keep on doin it
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
mansfield always wins the superbowl!

then theyre LYING TO US

!!!!
woudlnt doubt it
Quote by wannabe jesus
My superintendent (also the principal) gives a message everyday after the morning announcements and asked the students to give him slang to say during his messages so he could "connect with us". Needless to say, he said things that a teacher, let alone a superintendent, should never say in their place of work. I'm not saying it was called for because I do actually like the guy, but he was asking for it.

Many Lulz were had
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

We got a school dog a year ago, all it does is piss all over the floor. It gets scared at anything, and we like to make really loud noises around her, gets really scared. The teachers think it helps cheer us up. It's on the front page of our school website, we're all convinced the teachers care more about it than us. Here's the link to the website, and the fat guy is our principal.
My school did something really stupid. Basically they planned to turn the football field into a small stadium, with half a dome and everything, in the end costing about 1.5 million bucks. So they ended up raising a substantial amount (from parents and community and the like), and last minute the school pulls the plug on the idea.
Pretty dumb.