Hey guys. I'm 17 and I am looking for a job. I've already applied at Target and Subway. I have long hair, so it might be an issue.

Any ideas as to where i should apply? I live in San Diego, CA and am completely clean of all drugs, so testing is not a problem.
Don't work at Subway. Worst experience ever. The work you do is worth 3 times what you get paid (minimum wage). Hell, at least it's 8 dollars now, not $6.25 when I worked for minimum wage.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Just look in the yellow pages or the newspaper for something. If it doesn't work out, you don't have to stay there forever. You have to experiment to find something you really like.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
They won't hire you at Subway if you have long hair.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Guitarded8988

Is it coinkidinks that I worked for Vector/Cutco as well? Nope. I tried it all. There is no greedier/unsatisfactory job than selling knives. You feel like a used up tool at the end of the day.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't work at Subway. Worst experience ever. The work you do is worth 3 times what you get paid (minimum wage). Hell, at least it's 8 dollars now, not $6.25 when I worked for minimum wage.

Can you think of any other places? I'more focused on just making some money. My parents are bugging me about bein ungrateful, so I am looking for a job to get me out of the house as much as possible. Also, not too many places are willing to hire a guy with long hair.
dude i work at target, i love it. and they don't give a ****ee what you look like....just as long as you're not fugly.
if i can cause someones death because of mine, i've done my job to keep the population under control.
just apply at a whole bunch of place someone will call you. they arent going to not hire you because of your hair. and they wont drug test you at a retail store
I have no idea. You seem like a classy man - ALDI.
Quote by daysoftheabyss
dude i work at target, i love it. and they don't give a ****ee what you look like....just as long as you're not fugly.

Oh, so they actually so give a shit what you look like then.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by daysoftheabyss
just as long as you're not fugly.

so is that why they dropped you?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by metallifan1
Can you think of any other places? I'more focused on just making some money. My parents are bugging me about bein ungrateful, so I am looking for a job to get me out of the house as much as possible. Also, not too many places are willing to hire a guy with long hair.

A good job I landed in was teaching at a tutoring center. If you are good at math or english, go look for a local tutoring center that caters to elementary and middle schoolers. It's a satisfying job and pays well.

One of my good friends worked at Mervyns for two years. He hates retail so much, it's not funny. Don't go into retail if you want to maintain your sanity.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by daysoftheabyss

nice. That's good to know.
Quote by darkstar2466
A good job I landed in was teaching at a tutoring center. If you are good at math or english, go look for a local tutoring center that caters to elementary and middle schoolers. It's a satisfying job and pays well.

One of my good friends worked at Mervyns for two years. He hates retail so much, it's not funny. Don't go into retail if you want to maintain your sanity.

mervyn's seems like it would blow, but I really need to make some dinero. Retail souns like a good route.
Quote by metallifan1
wow, this looks helpful. thanks a lot man.

your sig was way off.

Do yourself a favor and don't work for Vector. That company blows a million penii.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Sabbath89
They won't hire you at Subway if you have long hair.

That's where you are wrong my friend. It depends on the franchise. some franchisees will hire you with long hair. My friend has hair to the middle of his back and works at the subway like a mile from my house.
Quote by LazySandman
so is that why they dropped you?

no, they would have never hired him if he was fugly.
Quote by darkstar2466

yeah i worked at subway for 6 months. They wanted me to become an assistant manager, which basically meant I had to do a whole lot of extra work and hours but only got a 20 cent raise.. ****ing retards
Quote by hooligan07
when do you turn 18?
fed ex and ups are always hiring

in november. I'll keep that in mind.
Quote by daysoftheabyss

How Old do u have to be to get a job at target?
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Quote by Dragforce92
How Old do u have to be to get a job at target?

16 years old.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
yeah i worked at subway for 6 months. They wanted me to become an assistant manager, which basically meant I had to do a whole lot of extra work and hours but only got a 20 cent raise.. ****ing retards

Subway is a horrible company. I don't eat there anymore.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by metallifan1
16 years old.

well im in luck.

i just turned 16 in january.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

work at a grocery store, it's easy as hell and if you aren't a casheir you don't really have to deal with people too much
Quote by darkstar2466

this man speaks the truth.

it's too late for me
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by SRVNumberOne
work at a grocery store, it's easy as hell and if you aren't a casheir you don't really have to deal with people too much

that might actually be a good idea. I've heard the hair issue might cause some trouble.
Construction. I'm a scrawny bastard and I worked on groundworks over the summer. Spent two weeks doing grunt lifting etc work then learned off all the plans etc and learned all the health and safety/ traffic control legislation and got a job as a manager, best thing ever. Good pay, rewarding and responsible work and you get recognition for it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Subway isnt too bad to work at. I got about $9.50 AUD. You just need to learn what goes on what sandwich. Fast.
I work at maccas and get around $10 an hour. I think.

And some subways will hire you even if you have long hair and piercings all over your face.
Depends on the manager really.

Fast food is good to start on. But as soon as your 18 get the hell out of it and go work in a bar
Hurp De Durp