My family recently sold our house, and when settlement comes through, me and my sister are getting $1000AU each. What gear should I get?

I have a Dean Baby V, and just a 15 watt amp, and a cheap distortion pedal. Im talking about everything.

Down the line, i'm going to buy a new distortion/ overdrive pedal, a new guitar and a new amp. I just need some suggestions as to what to buy first.

I play metal, basically. Think Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, BLS, System of a Down, dabble in some CKY, Devildriver, Pantera, Amon Amarth.

Some of these bands tune down, so would it be wise for me to buy a baritone, or just use some heavier strings?

Another thing I wanna ask is, if I decide to buy a new guitar, should I only look at ones with a locking system, or look at both?

Any suggestions for a new amp, pedal or guitar would be appreciated!
Amp, amp, amp. I dunno about prices there but look into 5150/6505, used if you have to. They have no cleans, but they are considered great for metal. If that's too much maybe a b-52 at or a randall rg50tc,

As far as I know none of those bands tune down far enough to warrant a baritone, so maybe some 11s or 12s.

With one of those amps you shouldn't need a distortion pedal. At the most a decent od if you like. Tubescreamer, maxon od-808, fulltone ocd
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Anything lower than C is getting dangerously close to needing a baritone scale (my opinion I know it can be done without) and ESP makes some great baritone and non baritone guitars with EMGs. Also for all of those bands you like to play it's a lot of different tunings so stay away from tremelos.

For ODs I use a BBE Green Screamer that I enjoy a lot. I've heard great things about Maxons as well so it's up to you.

As far as an amp I'd see if you can get a Randal RG50 or maybe a Spider Valve. If you don't get a guitar, a 5150 would be a good choice.
Jackson RR5 Rhoads
ESP Viper 400
Epiphone Les Paul EMGs (81/85)
Edwards E-CY-165CTM
FJA Modded ENGL Powerball Halfstack
Framus Cobra + Avatar 4x12 Greenbacks
hmm tough choice. I say a guitar just to have a full size one (if the baby v is smaller). Just go for a cheaper epiphone or a jackson dinky, you don't necessarily need a floyd rose at the moment. For an amp i suggest a line 6 if you aren't frequently gigging. I don't know australian dollars but that's my suggestion.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
You got that much to spend...try everything!!! Be patient when it comes to guitars...don't base your judgment on shape, color, etc. A flying V looks cool as hell but is a pain to play sitting down. Don't base your judgment on your favorite artist, either. Having a Dean Razorback isn't gonna make you play like Dimebag...you don't have his hands. The decision between locking & non-locking systems is one you have to make for yourself. How much do you think you'll be using that bar? Locking trem systems can cause a first timer fits if they don't fully understand them...I was an anti - Floyd user for years until the right person taught me what I was doing wrong. Spend as much time as you can with each guitar you try....if something, one TINY thing bothers you, PUT IT BACK. Don't compromise and say "I can deal with that." I'll tell you right now it will come back to haunt you. What was a small thing now annoys the hell out of you later and pretty soon you just don't want to play it and you'll trade it in and lose out big time.

As far as amps, same rule applies: try everything. Tube, solid state...everything (although tube IS better). Your ears will tell you. Just like guitars, don't buy an amp based on artist or band...most of them mod their amps and no matter how much you tweak the knobs it won't sound like what they do. Even if they don't, you still won't sound like them...again, you don't have their hands.

Find YOUR sound, play the songs, and make it sound like YOU.
Quote by fretboarddragon
You got that much to spend...try everything!!! Be patient when it comes to guitars...don't base your judgment on shape, color, etc. A flying V looks cool as hell but is a pain to play sitting down. Don't base your judgment on your favorite artist, either. Having a Dean Razorback isn't gonna make you play like Dimebag...you don't have his hands. The decision between locking & non-locking systems is one you have to make for yourself. How much do you think you'll be using that bar? Locking trem systems can cause a first timer fits if they don't fully understand them...I was an anti - Floyd user for years until the right person taught me what I was doing wrong. Spend as much time as you can with each guitar you try....if something, one TINY thing bothers you, PUT IT BACK. Don't compromise and say "I can deal with that." I'll tell you right now it will come back to haunt you. What was a small thing now annoys the hell out of you later and pretty soon you just don't want to play it and you'll trade it in and lose out big time.

As far as amps, same rule applies: try everything. Tube, solid state...everything (although tube IS better). Your ears will tell you. Just like guitars, don't buy an amp based on artist or band...most of them mod their amps and no matter how much you tweak the knobs it won't sound like what they do. Even if they don't, you still won't sound like them...again, you don't have their hands.

Find YOUR sound, play the songs, and make it sound like YOU.

Very helpful. I guess i'll just go into a guitar shop and try as much stuff out as I can.

Thanks!