So I switched from a Blues Jr. to a Classic 30 as my practice amp. I went by the local Ma & Pa store here and found a Vox AC15CC1X for 500 even. Brand new out of the box.

So how do these two amps stack up against each other? I enjoy the versatility of the Classic 30 and I really enjoy the distortion channel on the Classic 30.

I did doodle around on the AC15 a bit but some bassist was trying out a bass and playing some slap licks, and he was actually pretty damned good so I figured I'd let him whale away. I loved the clean on the AC15 but I didn't really drive it all that hard as there were just too many people in a small space, and I'm too nice of a guy.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
TTT, I'm bored lol.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
Classic > AC15, The AC 15 and the AC30 are totally different animals from I have read. The C30 is an awesome beast BTW, big enough to do nearly all gigs and small enough to get power tube OD without making your ears bleed, and it sound very good as well.
I am sorry, but the classic does not begin to think about considering comparing to the AC15x. Sweet, beautiful overtones, great celestion speaker, etc.
Member of the Single Coils are for Real Men group
Member of the Lefties Unite Group
Is it definitely the "x" version with the Celestion Blue speaker? Because if it is, you should run back and buy it. It sells for $900-950 new here in the states. That's an excellent value. Even if it's the stock CC1, that's a decent price.

I prefer the Classic 30 to the AC15, in general. The AC15 isn't merely a smaller version of the AC30; it's a lesser amp, IMHO. But that speaker makes a big difference. It'd be worth it to buy it just to put it on eBay for that number.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.