so i have been playing for a year and a half, since this past summer i've been learning to play Iron Maiden songs. I've picked up economy picking, legato(heavy use), and some basic sweeping. But i just can't get their songs, i want to be at least play some of their songs fully with solo's by this summer(the end of my 2nd year of playing) I'm pushing my self and see almost no results. The only results i've seen are i can improvise fairly good and can play somewhat fast. does it take 2 full years to get use to maiden(with solo's). what do i do?! seriously though, I'm deeply upset.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Feb 11, 2008,
What do you play other than Iron Maiden?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
nothing lol, I'm a huge fan of theirs. I use to play Black Sabbath, but it got a little to easy,QOTSA. But now Maiden
LOL
no it shouldnt...you just might not be meant to play iron maiden dude? try learning the minor scale and work with it
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
time man... give it time, we're not all virtuoso's id be pretty happy to be that far into it for the time youve put in. just be patient, slow it down, and dont speed it up until you finally feel like your not being rushed to get that next note anymore....somethin like that
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Take a break from Maiden songs for a week, play some easier songs during that period, work on scales or techniques do anything except play Maiden. After a week or two go back and try again. That usually helps me when I get stuck picking up a song, also break the solos down into smaller parts and learn it by sections. Think of a solo like it's a big steak and cut it into bite sized chunks instead of shoving the whole thing in your mouth and choking.