Just wondering, I find if it gets too low its not good for solos.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
... then dont turn the volume knob down?

10 when i'm playing with full distortion. a lot less when i want to clean it up.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
6 or 7 generally but I can switch it up depending on what I'm trying to do...I like 6 1/2ish for the more bluesy/blues rock stuff which is what I do.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
I don't have a Les Paul, but if the volume knob on that is anything like the volume knob on my guitar, it actually turns the volume down so you can't hear it as much.

EDIT: I use mine from 10 to 0 depending on alot of ****.
i keep mine on 10, cause that is the tone i like but do what sounds good to you
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
dude i always keep it on 10...i control the volume from the amp always
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
dude i always keep it on 10...i control the volume from the amp always

Yeah, but that's not practical in a live context. By rolling the volume back on your guitar, you will clean up the signal.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
i usually keep it on ten but i never knew turning the volume up or down effected tone also
At 10 %90 of the time, but I occasionally turn the volume to 1 and tone to 0 for certain solos, I just turn my amp up.

I don't really use the volume that much, as I don't notice a difference between 3 and 10 on my guitar. I adjust my tone a lot, though.
Quote by Schmidty8890
Yeah, but that's not practical in a live context. By rolling the volume back on your guitar, you will clean up the signal.

if im playing live...ill have sound guys do all of the get louder on solos, and balancing of the sound for me
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Rythm = 5-7
Lead = 9-10

Crank up your les pauls....
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Usually on 10, for some reason I just don't like the tone when I turn it down.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Using the volume and tone knobs are not for turning the overall volume down. Its used to cut your signal output of your guitar. I have 500Ts in one of my LPs which are hot as hell. I can dial in a Kerry King metal tone at full guitar volume... then get a nice warm John Mayall/Clapton blues tone without doing anything to my amps or pedals. Just by using the pots.
I always keep mine on 10, and use a separate volume boost/cut pedal if I really need to boost (or cut, obviously) the volume.

Normally I find on many guitars, if you turn the volume down, you lose tone; often the treble disappears, sometimes the bass too. Of all my guitars, ranging from the cheapest Squier strats to Gibson models costing a couple of thousand, only one of my guitars (Jersey Star) doesn't lose tone when the volume pot is turned down. Using a pedal though, and all my guitars then keep their tone no matter what volume I'm playing at.

These have the added bonus that I find it easier to use a volume pedal halfway during a bar than using the volume control on the guitar.