I just went to talk with the employees at my local guitar shop and I found out they can special order fender guitars for me at a low price. They can get me a strat/tele highway one for about $650 and maybe a standard mex strat/tele for around $300. Except that they won't haggle the price down or throw in free stuff than what is already set. So do you guys think this is a great deal or can I haggle for a better deal at GC?
my locoal store is full of douchebags...i would go guitar center...but if your local place is nice, go to them...or guitar center...it doesnt matter dude, just whoever sells it to you the cheapest.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Local can haggle. It's bigger corps like GC that can't haggle. It comes down to the employees. GC isn't really allowed to haggle that much, and I don't think the salesmen get paid on commission. Local stores can always afford to haggle. If they say otherwise, they're lying. If you know the store is struggling, you could be nice and pay what they ask though.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by Black_Fender
Local can haggle. It's bigger corps like GC that can't haggle. It comes down to the employees. GC isn't really allowed to haggle that much, and I don't think the salesmen get paid on commission. Local stores can always afford to haggle. If they say otherwise, they're lying. If you know the store is struggling, you could be nice and pay what they ask though.

you can get sweet deals at guitar center...they work on commission, so once they've hit there limit you can get stuff for cheap
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
you can get sweet deals at guitar center...they work on commission, so once they've hit there limit you can get stuff for cheap

well if they do in fact get paid on commission, then haggling shouldn't be a problem. Also, you should only support local stores if they are giving you better service or prices, and most do. I just paid $25 for a setup on my Ibanez to a local store. I took it to that guy instead of GC which was down the road because I knew the local guy would do a better job.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
The price at my local guitar shop is about 100 bucks lower than normal price at GC. Will GC lower more than 100 bucks?
Quote by Demoz
The price at my local guitar shop is about 100 bucks lower than normal price at GC. Will GC lower more than 100 bucks?

You can tell them that you can get it from your local store for 300, and maybe they'll haggle or throw some good stuff in.
Quote by The Silent Fool
You can tell them that you can get it from your local store for 300, and maybe they'll haggle or throw some good stuff in.

Do I need proof of the price?