Hey I just joined this band like today and they want me to write 2 songs by Friday. They wanna be metal like Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium and I got to write both guitar parts, bass, lyrics, ect. You may say it's stupid I joined these people but they really are good musicians they just can't write ****. Anyway, our show is on Sunday so we only are gonna have like 2 days to practice the hell out of this. How the hell do I get fast inspiration?
dude writitng stuff is what makes you a musician dude...anyone can learn to play other peoples stuff...hahaha...anyways, why in the world would you want to join a band that plays that kind of music?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by jaypooner
weed

hahaha

i say just jam and see what sounds good. Thats more of an experimental band method though. Just listen to a lot of trivium and chug away.

Band sounds awesome though.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by KileManA7X
Hey I just joined this band like today and they want me to write 2 songs by Friday. They wanna be metal like Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium and I got to write both guitar parts, bass, lyrics, ect. You may say it's stupid I joined these people but they really are good musicians they just can't write ****. Anyway, our show is on Sunday so we only are gonna have like 2 days to practice the hell out of this. How the hell do I get fast inspiration?

AWESOME AVATAR
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by jaypooner
weed

+1
Quote by henza_x
errr.. people don't get paid to tab out songs.. its just by ear transcriptions most of the time, why don't you do it yourself?

"coz i can't"

then shut the **** up

Quote by MentalityBand
I would smile at that, but y'know...court order...
3 suggestions in order of how effective:

1. get really pissed off and then grab you're guitar and focus your anger into the riffs you come up with then find some more riffs to go with those riffs and use the 2 best sounding combos.

2. listen to THE MOS BRUTAL songs you know, grab your guitar and channel the awesomeness into the riffs you come up with then find some more riffs to go with those riffs and use the 2 best sounding combos.

3. just jam and find some riff that sound good, memorize them (key) then find some more riffs to go with those riffs and use the 2 best sounding combos.
just quit...not cuz i think ur gay or nething but cuz the douches u joined...how r they gonna have a show n not have any songs? if they make u do all the work u should get all the credit...dont play w/ those idiots
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
(off topic) slideshow raven rocking the jaguar hh (Nods)
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
Quote by adam1451
listen to albinokrikit

+1

Its easy math really

First gig + no songs + 3 days to practice = Looking like a bunch of dumba**s on stage.
Quote by v8ko
+1

Its easy math really

First gig + no songs + 3 days to practice = Looking like a bunch of dumba**s on stage.

Practically a Middle School talent show...
I wouldn't even play the show. There's no way your going to perfect 2 songs in less than three days. If you guys are really wanting to play the show, consider just doing covers.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by KileManA7X

Dude by what I'm reading you sound like a clueless lacky.
This is a lot different than actually learning songs for an audition, but some techniques are the same. I once had to learn 14 songs in 2 days that I had never heard before. At that point, The CD was played in my car all the time and I spent about 4 hours both those days learning the songs. Just keep practicing and practicing.

However I see a major problem if they are asking you to write just to have songs and play them live. You need to work on your craft and play polished material. But maybe it was just a test to see your skills as a songwriter?
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by KileManA7X

Whatever you do, dont let them take the credit!
inspiration is never something to count on, sit down, do some work, and plow through writing the songs, then rewrite them as you're practicing (getting the band's feedback, etc.) since you have so little time, and the first version will obviously suck like the first version of every song ever written.

I'd spend most of the two days practicing.
Try listening to a classic album you haven't ever heard before from a band whose sound you're trying to emulate and listen to like half of a song, and then write other parts around it. It works best with songs you haven't heard before, and if you stop before the song gets going too much.