i just restrung my guitar last night
and i been playing all night
and it's holding tune surprisingly well for a fresh set of strings.
well, except for the b string
every time i play a solo or something that has a b string note, i have to retune it, it goes brutally flat almost immediately after i retune it.
anybody have any idea what i've done wrong?

im playing my fender stratocaster with 9-42's, which is what i always use.

thanks in advance
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Mine doesn't go out of tune, it snaps. Maybe someone might help me with that?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
sometimes that just happens
but maybe you cut the end off to close to therest andits slipping
if i had to guess you've either strung it poorly or your machine head is ****. also on strats i no that the mexican ones tend to lose there tuning if u bend to hard if u havent set it up.
For the 1st dude, what might be happening is the string is slowly comming unwound from around the little bead at the bridge end, which has happened to me before. Just solder it together so it doesn't unwind on you.

To the second dude, check your bridge height/truss rod/action. It might just be cheap strings, tho, i really have no idea. Srry
Quote by Guitarist132
My G ALWAYS goes out

everyon's Gs always go out of tune dumbass, its the weird string that no one likes and is only on the guitat because he's the A string's cousin
Ok 2 suggestions

1.maybe the key is loose for the B string? in that case screw the screw back in completely then back one half turn

2.Don't do this to all the strings as sometimes it can be a little harmful to the neck, BUT try pulling on the string a little bit (maybe about 3cm out wards)then re-tuning it again, until it stays in tune easily (this usually only takes 1-3 times.) This also helps, if the string's tone seems to be a bit different from all the others

thats it from me, hope it helped
I used to have tha same problem for some years - the G string would be always the first one to start to sound "blunt". What I've noticed is that, while playing solo, I tended to bend this string most often. That might be the cause - since I've started putting more attention to it, and stopped bending it so agressively, it holds the tune better and "lives" longer.
Go get some ernie ball super slinks, boil them, let em dry out, then string em, keeps everything nice and in tune.
other then the other guys STRETCH THE STRING. you're supposed to stretch the strings everytime you change em. Just like in drums you stretch the heads.
Quote by mdwallin
Ok 2 suggestions

1.maybe the key is loose for the B string? in that case screw the screw back in completely then back one half turn

2.Don't do this to all the strings as sometimes it can be a little harmful to the neck, BUT try pulling on the string a little bit (maybe about 3cm out wards)then re-tuning it again, until it stays in tune easily (this usually only takes 1-3 times.) This also helps, if the string's tone seems to be a bit different from all the others

Yeah, stretch out new strings.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by mdwallin
Ok 2 suggestions

im pretty sure the pulling did the job, although usually that's covered by extensive whammy bar stretching.
thanks dude

thanks everyone else as well i used one other person's suggestion too i think, it only let me quot one person tho
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
im pretty sure the pulling did the job, although usually that's covered by extensive whammy bar stretching.
thanks dude

thanks everyone else as well i used one other person's suggestion too i think, it only let me quot one person tho

Well you shouldn't depend on the whammy for stretching, it's not a substitute for stretching.
Quote by doomed1
everyon's Gs always go out of tune dumbass, its the weird string that no one likes

Reminds me of you
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me