Page 1 of 2
With the recent increase in school shootings I found our schools defense quite dumb. We essentially put ourselves in a room (with no escape) and put ourselves in a corner hoping they don't find us. What do you guys think our defense should be? I personally believe that we should all be shown how to use normal things (such as pens or whatever) as weapons in such a case. I don't really think hiding will do much considering the person is more than likely a regular there and knows there is a class. I don't know I guess I'm overly worriedn about getting shot at school but yeah. Put your thoughts on how we should handle this stuff.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
There's no defense system in place at my school if that happens. Basically chaos would ensue as every man fights for himself.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
our school consists of a bunch of rednecks who carry knives. big knives. so bring a gun to school mother f*cker. well stab u.
Quote by Matticusg
our school consists of a bunch of rednecks who carry knives. big knives. so bring a gun to school mother f*cker. well stab u.

Hahaha that is siggable but I am too lazy.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Put sentry guns around the school.

Well then you just have to knock them over. Sure they will go crazy for a few seconds but soon they will stop shooting
Quote by tylerishot
Our defense is not allowing students to wear trench coats.

Yeah man, Marylin Manson is the reason for all our school shootings

Although those coats are extremely intimidating...
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by tayroar
I found our schools defense quite dumb.

What is wrong with this sentence.
Your school should not need defense.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by tayroar
Well then you just have to knock them over. Sure they will go crazy for a few seconds but soon they will stop shooting

Sorry, I meant stationary ones. They pop out of the floor tiles. Like the ones in starcraft.
Quote by tayroar
With the recent increase in school shootings I found our schools defense quite dumb. We essentially put ourselves in a room (with no escape) and put ourselves in a corner hoping they don't find us. What do you guys think our defense should be? I personally believe that we should all be shown how to use normal things (such as pens or whatever) as weapons in such a case. I don't really think hiding will do much considering the person is more than likely a regular there and knows there is a class. I don't know I guess I'm overly worriedn about getting shot at school but yeah. Put your thoughts on how we should handle this stuff.

Every school I have ever been in has lockable doors and that little window is shatter resistant. Locking yourself in a room and waiting it out would be far better than running around the hall getting shot at. Granted if it is only one gunman and you convince enough jocks they are badass enough to take him, the situation might work itself out.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
You all get free Beretta M92's paid for by the school with your name and class engraved into the side so you can take it upon yourself to either kill yourself or kill the shooter
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
You all get free Beretta M92's paid for by the school with your name and class engraved into the side so you can take it upon yourself to either kill yourself or kill the shooter

What kind of choice is that??
i think some buddy turrets should do the trick.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Some kid just tried to shoot up my school 2 weeks ago. They caught him, in school, with a pistol.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Sabbath89
Some kid just tried to shoot up my school 2 weeks ago. They caught him, in school, with a pistol.

That is actually extremely scary.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Sorry, I meant stationary ones. They pop out of the floor tiles. Like the ones in starcraft.

There should also be the ones against the wall that has a flamethrower.
Quote by i have to pee
Every school I have ever been in has lockable doors and that little window is shatter resistant. Locking yourself in a room and waiting it out would be far better than running around the hall getting shot at. Granted if it is only one gunman and you convince enough jocks they are badass enough to take him, the situation might work itself out.

Well I'm saying taught how to use normal things as weapons incase he gets in the room. I agree if you let everyone in the hall then it is way worse, or even every room has a door outside for escape.
Quote by InvaderTSN
There should also be the ones against the wall that has a flamethrower.

They're rockets, but yea, those would be fun. I would totally hijack the security system.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

A plausible one You could attempt to kill the shooter, but there is still the risk of being shot yourself, so it is plausible With your pistol, you may do what you wish
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Lol I was talking Half-Life
Quote by SeveralSpecies
They're rockets, but yea, those would be fun. I would totally hijack the security system.

They were rockets? I remember flamethrowers....

Then again, it's been years since I've played Starcraft.

There should also be towers with snipers holding .50 caliber rifles. Like the ones that guard Dethklok's house/fortress.
Quote by andyd93
A plausible one You could attempt to kill the shooter, but there is still the risk of being shot yourself, so it is plausible With your pistol, you may do what you wish

*uses his pistol to shoot all those smiley faces*
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i think some buddy turrets should do the trick.

what??? its a good idea, as long as the student doesnt have a weighted companion cube.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Yeah, teach kids to be proficient in deadly combat with ordinary items. That's gonna be popular with parents.

Mother "tidy your room"
father "don't anger the boy! he's got 2 paper clips and a pen!"

We don't have school shootings here. I don't know why. Probably better sanity levels or something.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
*uses his pistol to shoot all those smiley faces*

Or you couldve shot yourself because you were so intimidated by the gang of smileys and thought they would surely wipe you out for the simple reason that you have an ammo belt with the school badge on it when everybody else has a Colt or a SigSauer belt...

I need to get a life...

^Mainly down to the lack of gun shops and legality problems after the massacres like Hungerford and Dunblane.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Fuzzbox91
what??? its a good idea, as long as the student doesnt have a weighted companion cube.

Who the hell has one of those?
Quote by andyd93
Or you couldve shot yourself because you were so intimidated by the gang of smileys and thought they would surely wipe you out for the simple reason that you have an ammo belt with the school badge on it when everybody else has a Colt or a SigSauer belt...

I need to get a life...

^Mainly down to the lack of gun shops and legality problems after the massacres like Hungerford and Dunblane.

shhh, if you mention the *actual* reasons the Americans will get upset about the whole gun thing.
my college next week is voting on letting people with carry conceal permits to carry guns on campus as long as they are concealed. the reason was to give students an equal chance against gunmen. and i love it
we do that too.. its called a "lockdown"
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by SeveralSpecies

i dont.... anymore : :
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by GibsonRocker14
we do that too.. its called a "lockdown"

Also known as locking the doors. (Pst! locks are not bulletproof!)
Quote by andyd93

this guy could come in and teach you how to use them wisely

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DS9JiPSXwwc

Jack my swag
Quote by freedoms_stain
shhh, if you mention the *actual* reasons the Americans will get upset about the whole gun thing.

True x) I am a gun lover, but really, they need to do something about their laws on firearms, you can own and use a gun unsupervised at any age, name one other country that has rules like this!! Exactly, none, because no other country is stupid enough to not realise that if kids can get a gun as easy as they can in the USA, school shooting rates would drop a hell of a lot.

^Hope not, at the rate he goes, he could have the whole class finished in one decent-sized speech.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Russian1
my college next week is voting on letting people with carry conceal permits to carry guns on campus as long as they are concealed. the reason was to give students an equal chance against gunmen. and i love it

id bring an AK as my concealed weapon. yaknow, since ur russian, and the AK is russian. eh?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

I do.

It is plushy as well.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by tayroar
With the recent increase in school shootings I found our schools defense quite dumb. We essentially put ourselves in a room (with no escape) and put ourselves in a corner hoping they don't find us

we do the same thing, so stupid
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Feb 11, 2008,
i go to the united nations international school, if someone popped in with a gun, every country's swat/secret service, NATO and interpol would pop out of ****ing nowhere and start busting caps.

but i think we possibly have the worst security system for a private school in the world. Three fat, underpayed jamaican guards with no guns. A security booth you can drive around. Camera's with like 3 different blind spots. Mexican janitors a washed up movie actor and a mafia man who runs the cafeteria......

any terrorists on the site? if you wanna take out all of the future world leaders, fly to ny.
*flies to NY*

/joke
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
*flies to NY*

/joke

phew, thought you actually flew to New York that fast. Don't do that to me!
Page 1 of 2