Page 1 of 3
Ok so I'm 15 and I've been a pretty shy person for most of my life. I can be loud at times but it just doesn't happen like before. Anyway so I've been trying to open up and talk more in school but it just doesn't work. I just don't have anything to say. When I have something to say I say it, but most of the time I just keep to myself. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough. I honestly don't know. Only time I talk is when asked something or spoken too. I don't like saying **** just to say it. And sometimes I feel like if I drag out a conversation the other person thinks I'm boring and annoying(I know I think that when others do that). I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I'm a shy guy. I can't force it.
Just talk **** 24/7. But be intelligent about it.

It works!
Size matters. My Mommy told me so when I almost poked out her eye while she was changing my diaper the other day.
Quote by WithTheDawn
Just talk **** 24/7. But be intelligent about it.

It works!

Talk **** like how?

I don't want problems with anybody
Quote by giantsfanftw
Ok so I'm 15 and I've been a pretty shy person for most of my life. I can be loud at times but it just doesn't happen like before. Anyway so I've been trying to open up and talk more in school but it just doesn't work. I just don't have anything to say. When I have something to say I say it, but most of the time I just keep to myself. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough. I honestly don't know. Only time I talk is when asked something or spoken too. I don't like saying **** just to say it. And sometimes I feel like if I drag out a conversation the other person thinks I'm boring and annoying(I know I think that when others do that). I guess I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I'm a shy guy. I can't force it.

Find a really good friend to be around so that you're not self-conscious.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

learn some sweet jokes from that one thread and bust out with some of them.find out wut other people have in common with u like hobbies and stuff. jus get out there!
Quote by giantsfanftw

/rant

I feel your pain, I'm exactly like that too

maybe that's why I like teh iNtErNeTzzz so much
Don't worry, you're a Giants fan, things will all work out for you
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
im the exact same way TS. If i have something interesting to say ill say it, Im not gonna bring up pointless crap just to talk.

But i figure ill still get by. Its not like we're life impairing cripplingly shy.
Quote by MadMetalManiac
THe thing is if your shy your just a little bitch

You'd better be joking.

That's just the way you are. If you really cared about talking to someone that badly, you would. If you think it's a problem, then just try to find someone you have things in common with and talk to them about that stuff. It's not a bad thing, it's just you.
Youre not very shy if youre willing to post that about yourself on the internet now are you?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Im the same exact way. I only talk if I need to but if I dont like certain people in the class I just tune out the whole hour and dont say a word. My best advice is for now just befriend one person in the class and from there it will get better hopefully. Having one person to talk to in class is better than none. If not just keep on going on how you are. Being quiet never killed me or anyone for that matter.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by giantsfanftw

ROFL omg we are one and the same ! Anyways, im exactly like that, thing is im cool and perfectly ok with being like this and I realize thats just the way I am. Not gonna change and you gotta be a fool to say "well then easy, just stop being shy" cause it doesnt work like that.

The only thing I have a problem with is I always look completely uninterested when im in a conversation with another person (well..because I AM. I tend to be VERY picky and selective of who I open up to/get close to/am interested in) and im afraid I insult them
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
are you shy, or do you just not talk to people? i have no problem with talking to people, i just can't do it. i have nothing to talk about lol. i didn't really have any friends until i was about 16 and a half.
Quote by fob12
You'd better be joking.

I speak the truth and nothing but the truth

bow down peasant
I'm like that as well. But honestly, I don't really mind as much anymore. There's some days where I wish that I could have someone to talk to, and others where I just want to be alone. For me, as long as I'm getting by in life, it's okay.

Don't feel compelled to change your personality.
I used to be exactly like you... shy and timid and all that. My suggestion is to make yourself not care what people think. Believe it or not I did that through music; I'm pretty sure it was Hendrix who taught me that you shouldn't care what other people think. That and dope, smoke lots of dope (not kidding, it really makes you more relaxed even when you're not high)
Quote by frottage
are you shy, or do you just not talk to people? i have no problem with talking to people, i just can't do it. i have nothing to talk about lol. i didn't really have any friends until i was about 16 and a half.

I don't really talk to people. I just run out of **** to say. Or have nothing to say to begin with.
Exact same here problem here. I guess I just don't relate to other people well :/
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

i have the same problem. it's not that i'm shy, i just have nothing to say most of the time.
sucks for you

.... clearly one of my most intelligent posts yet
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I respect people who does little talking, they are the thinkers and intellectuals. I think you're a smart person. So don't tell yourself that shyness is a weakness (it is somewhat but it's also good). Just try to talk, make sensible intelligent comments during conversations.
peanuts and beers
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Exact same here problem here. I guess I just don't relate to other people well :/

Obviously not, since you're here. You just haven't found the people you feel comfortable around. Which is completely understandable, considering how awful everybody is now a days. It's hard to find someone who's actually them self, and not like the next prep or emo kid that walks by.
Quote by giantsfanftw

Don't worry about it. I did the exact same thing when I was your age. It'll pass soon.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by black007hawk2
Don't worry about it. I did the exact same thing when I was your age. It'll pass soon.

Yeah, not to be condescending, but you're 15, you'll change (not drastically, but you will, bit by bit.)
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I'm just like you. Small talk is not my forte, as a matter of fact, most talk is not my forte.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
I can be the same way, or i can be the exact reverse, what has worked for me so far is having a buddy around, a lil' weed every now and then, and what kicked the shy outta me is making myself into a Jacka$$ and giving this excuse for a town hell. Seriously, pretend your Steve-O get some buddies together go out and do some stunts / pranks ect. and see if you dont improve. Remind yourself that as far as all of humanity knows we live ONCE.
Quote by MadMetalManiac
THe thing is if your shy your just a little bitch

I'm kind of shy, and I'm not a "little bitch". It's okay to be shy; you seem like the kind of guy with no shame, which is terrible, because you've probably sucked off a goat or something and have yet to regret it.
working out+healthy foods=feeling good=more energy and talking=more friends.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
next time you have one those thoughts that you don't know whether you should say it outloud or not, choose to say it outloud(say it with confidence though as if you don't care whether they think what you said was completely retarded or not)

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
im sure it'll wear off as you grow up, but in th mean time you should consider getting a job where you work with a lot of people, that'd probly help a lot
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Yeah, you got nothing to worry about. When I was 15, exact replica of you. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the insanity that is high school.
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
I'm the exact same way, you just gotta meet the right people to hang out with
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
if you really, really cared enough to talk to people you would. I have this problem sometimes too, but I'm not shy I just don't care

don't worry it will all work out. well really I don't know but I'm assuming it will
BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
10% more guts yields 100% more profit.

Put yourself out there, despite your low self-esteem.
Page 1 of 3