I'm in an Applied music class where you form a group with some other classmates and basically get 3 weeks to learn a song and perform it for a grade, over and over for the entire semester.

My group contains me, another guitarist, and a bass player.
Our first song that we performed was No Rain by Blind Melon. Our second performance, on Thursday, will be Snakes by No Doubt (which we had to write another guitar part for since I believe there is only one).

What other songs should we do? Nothing too hard. I primarily play the rhythm, and my friend Chris plays the lead and solo parts. He's pretty good, I'm OK.

So I'm open to suggestions. Just nothing too long (around 3-4 minutes is good), nothing really metal like Metallica or Trivium or anything, and nothing too difficult.

Thanks to anyone who helps out.
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
Oh, and another thing is that it'd be best if each instrument's part showed some difficulty and not just following the rhythm note by note...if you understand what I mean by that. Each new song has to show some improvement from the last one. Which is kinda hard to show.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Do Raining Blood.

I could just see the faces...

... melting off

I think coheed and cambria is awesome.

do like the suffering, welcome home, IDK.. whatever off of their first apollo CD

It's already got a lead and rythym part and it is metal like
Quote by kai29
... melting off

I think coheed and cambria is awesome.

do like the suffering, welcome home, IDK.. whatever off of their first apollo CD

It's already got a lead and rythym part and it is metal like

I was just listening to Favor House Atlantic and thinking Coheed was a possibility.

And as for Slayer, we actually joked about doing Raining Blood. And not realizing till the end of the performance that hearing it had killed the teacher.
Do a rendition of the One Minute Movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvAIqexGZE

And then watch the rest of the class give you the strangest looks imaginable.

You could also do some Tool... Cold and Ugly anyone? The Patient isn't too crazy. Of if your insane try Rosetta Stoned.

And finally, you could look into some Tea Party... even if you don't pick a song from them, they're a wicked band!
do you have a bpm limit? and what kind of music do you three like?
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
Quote by Corpse.of.Dark
do you have a bpm limit? and what kind of music do you three like?

There's not bpm limit. The bass player likes a lot of different stuff. Radiohead, The Cure, some ska, Boys Night Out and a lot of rap.

The lead guitarist likes a lot of classic rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primus, and anything a stoner rocker would probably like.

I like a little bit of everything. Some powerpop kind of music like Motion City Soundtrack and Weezer, indie stuff like The Mountain Goats and The Weakerthans, ska, some acoustic stuff, and pretty much anything else that isn't metal. Except Finntroll. I like them.
are you able to compose? Like, is there any free room to turn someone elses music into your own?

If you can, try making your own version of Apocyliptica's "Somewhere Around Nothing"
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
what about taking a blues jam backing track...and just do some licks and stuff on it...

or a well known song...download the backing track and make a solo of your own....that might suggest the original solo...but change it a little...so use it as a guide line
i think coheed and cambria a favor house atlantic would be kool. the lead parts are awsome and the rythm parts are fun to play as well