Does anyone have experience with this amp(the Handsome Devil)? I'm looking at the 1x12 combo, it would be nice to get some feedback on it.

I'm looking for an amp with good cleans, and overdrive that can do classic rock pretty well. I can put an OD pedal over the top of it if I want something heavier, so I'm not very worried about high gain.

Any other suggestions besides this amp? I Also just looked at some Bugera amps... they looked pretty nice too. Thoughts on these?
Last edited by El Tostito at Feb 11, 2008,
It's not out until April I believe, but if my 5 watt version is anything to go by it will rock your socks off. I think it may have a gain knob so you'll be able to get clean tones easier at good volumes than the 5 watt.
Quote by greggybhoy
It's not out until April I believe, but if my 5 watt version is anything to go by it will rock your socks off. I think it may have a gain knob so you'll be able to get clean tones easier at good volumes than the 5 watt.

Nope, they're out at Thomann already.

TS: Nobody will have any info. They were literally made available like two days ago.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
^ Thomann have them on their website, but they don't have any in stock at the moment.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Oh wow... I wasn't aware that they were so new. I'm not even sure how I found out about them, but I checked out their website, and the Handsome Devil seemed pretty awesome. The gain knob was the kicker for it, the Little Giant didn't have that, which seems somewhat limiting to me.
Thomann just listed them early. It isn't that surprising, Musician's Friend had a lot of gear from NAMM on it way before any of it was available. A month and a half to two months isn't that overly early to start listing the equipment.

You probably won't find anything better in the price range. Until they come out, it is going to be hard to say exactly how good they are. There probably won't be much competition for awhile in the price range, but I wouldn't exactly expect that if you take the financial factor out, it would still be competitive with say Engl or Mesa Boogie or some boutique amp shop where the entry level amp is about $1000.

Someone that was at NAMM from one of the local music stores was saying they were amazing though. That is a pretty common sentiment towards that company.
Quote by El Tostito
Also just looked at some Bugera amps... they looked pretty nice too. Thoughts on these?

I'm getting one via UPS tomorrow and I'll do a full review soonish. The early word of mouth is good, but I'm afraid it won't have great distortion at low volumes.
Quote by stigma15
I'm getting one via UPS tomorrow and I'll do a full review soonish. The early word of mouth is good, but I'm afraid it won't have great distortion at low volumes.

So did you get this??
I have a Handsome Devil half stack on order.

They should be shipping between March 15th and April 1st.

Reading all the posts and watching demo videos about the Little Giant gives me high hopes for this Handsome Devil.

It looks, though, like there will be a lot of people getting them at the same time. Expect a flood of user reviews in around 6 weeks.
Quote by DrEvil
So did you get this??

Yep. Check my posts.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)