ok couldnt think of a more suitable place for this than the pit. have any of you found that when one of your girl friends start listening to a band, they become totally obsessed with it to the point that you can't have a conversation with them about music other than that band? lol is this just a problem that i'm having, or have others seen it before?
just you lol
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
It's just your girlfriend.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Most of the girls I know just like whats popular and there favorite band/artist and song change like every week.
Here's an idea: Find a topic to talk about other than music.

You don't understand how much I hate when relationships are based on music taste.
Dickless.
Quote by freedoms_stain
my gf seems to only like the foo fighters. I can't compete with Dave Grohl.

I'd love for my girlfriend to be into the Foo Fighters.

Instead she's into... well, stuff I don't generally like. I just don't talk about music with her.
this has happened to me too.. i just decided not to speak with her about music anymore cuz it pissed me off so much
not really... she doesn't really talk much about music with me...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Here's an idea: Find a topic to talk about other than music.

You don't understand how much I hate when relationships are based on music taste.

no dont worry, its not all based on music. normally i dont talk about music with girls at all, because normally they're taste is just mainstream pop ****.
not really, i mean... coheed and cambria is my group of friends' favorite band, but we talk about other bands too. my group of friends is about half girls. theres 12 of us
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by doomed1
never had a gf

not laughing at you there, just your response.

in response to TS's question, no, my gf likes good music and has a wide variety of tastes.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
dude my 2 favorite bands when i was dating this girls were Slipknot and System of a Down, now i don't even listen to the cuz she talked about them so much
RIP:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
Clifford Lee Burton

You'll all be missed

Disciple of Åkerfeldtism
MY GF used to like Static X, She told me to put my hair up like that guy and make it look like a ****ing Echidna. I said no...Then she told me that Green day is better than most music out there, And yes She even compared them to Pink floyd and zeppelin. No need to say that I dumped her. No one disses my music
Quote by Pastorius666
no dont worry, its not all based on music. normally i dont talk about music with girls at all, because normally they're taste is just mainstream pop ****.

Good. Honestly, don't go down that route, because chances are you're gonna skip over alot of really amazing girls for the OMG METUL chick or the avante garde jazz fusion girl.
Dickless.
i'm getting very mixed answers on this topic lol..... some ppl totally agree and others never have heard about it. maybe its how we approach our women.
the only thing my gf and I have in music tastes would have to be Muse, the Mars Volta, and Ozric Tentacles (she likes prgressive rock )...shes doesn't get my death metal
Never had a girl do it but my brother does it all the time. I think he gets a period though, so he might count.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Uhm, there was this one incident, when...Rascall Flatts, that's all I'll say; and Keith Urban. Needless to say, I learned "Raining on Sunday." God damn, I'm a sucker.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Uhm, there was this one incident, when...Rascall Flatts, that's all I'll say; and Keith Urban. Needless to say, I learned "Raining on Sunday." God damn, I'm a sucker.

that sounds too familiar...oh sh--
Quote by sum_ugly_man
MY GF used to like Static X, She told me to put my hair up like that guy and make it look like a ****ing Echidna. I said no...Then she told me that Green day is better than most music out there, And yes She even compared them to Pink floyd and zeppelin. No need to say that I dumped her. No one disses my music

you should really stop having relationships with your hand.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
My ex-girlfriend was obsessed with My Chemical Romance to the point where I wanted to puke every time I heard a song by them. Still can't stand them.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

Quote by freedoms_stain
my gf seems to only like the foo fighters. I can't compete with Dave Grohl.

at least she has good musical taste.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Eh, the only music my girl and I have in common is Bad Religion, MSI, and Apocalyptica. We have a thin veneer of tolerance for the rest of our respective musical tastes.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Its_Rock77
you should really stop having relationships with your hand.

Actually after my last Ex, who was also my third girlfriend, I promised myself I wouldn't date any girl in high school. Primarily because its too tough a job to get one, secondly because most girls in my school are creepy ass scene girls or emos, the rest are gangstas
Nope.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
My ex won't STFU about Rammstein.

Rammstein's great, btw...

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Quote by JMTrio134
My ex was OBSESSED with Death Cab in a very mellow way.

She's the least emo person I've ever met.

I hope to god you're not implying that Death Cab for Cutie is "emo"

*facepalm*

God damnit I hate my generation
Quote by stringmagician
I hope to god you're not implying that Death Cab for Cutie is "emo"

*facepalm*

God damnit I hate my generation

*nods head with agreement*

*plays the who's my generation*
Quote by sum_ugly_man
*nods head with agreement*

*plays the who's my generation*

*sings along far too enthusiastically*
Quote by Pastorius666
ok couldnt think of a more suitable place for this than the pit. have any of you found that when one of your girl friends start listening to a band, they become totally obsessed with it to the point that you can't have a conversation with them about music other than that band? lol is this just a problem that i'm having, or have others seen it before?

Yes, I still regret buying mine a ****ing Atreyu CD. She wanted it so I got it for her as one of her christmas gifts and now I want to kill myself. I didn't like them to start with and now all she listens to is that one CD.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by JMTrio134
My ex was OBSESSED with Death Cab in a very mellow way.

She's the least emo person I've ever met.

Well yeah, cause Death Cab isn't really emo.. at all lol