So, I've been playing a little over 2 years now (almost 2 and a half years) and I'd consider myself pretty good for the amount of time I've been playing, however, I'd like to get better. My first year, I pretty much played 10+ hours a day every day. Not long after it dropped to about 5, and now I'm only at playing about 2 hours a day since I have school and work. Well, I've decided to bump that up again to at least 4-5 hours a day of practice, since I'm sick of not having the time I'd like with my favorite thing in the world.

So pretty much, here's my question. I'm trying to create workouts that I'd like to try, and it all comes down to 3 basic techniques. Alternate picking (I can do it pretty well, but always a good thing to keep polished up), sweep picking, and just the overall study of music theory (not technically a technique I suppose). I'm wondering if I should dedicate certain days to certain techniques, certain weeks, or just work on all of them interchangeably throughout the day as I practice. If any of you can give me personal experience with things like this, or just some advice, I'd love to hear it.

Also, any good guitar scale/music theory websites would be much appreciated.
If you're looking for just a basic scales/arpeggios site that kinda keeps information to a minimum, then gosk.com (Guitarist's Online Survival Kit) is a pretty good reference...

If you're looking for more in depth theory, then search around here on UG - it's where I get all my information
Eh.
I'm just looking for the basics right now on theory, then I'm sure once I start learning about triads and fifths and all that, I'll be able to start asking real in depth questions here. Thanks a lot guys
Steve Vai's 10 hour workout. Search for that in the tabs. Take each section and play it perfectly, even if it means playing it one note a minute, however slow it needs to be, then up the speed, keeping to where you can play each section absolutely perfectly. It's very boring, but it will really develop your technique. As far as music theory goes, there are lot's of lessons about it on UG, specifically the Crusader column.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
my friends mom was talking about some uber awesome kid that was 15 and went to the most popular lesson place in the state and their best teacher couldnt teach him anymore after a year.

so, anything is possible.

but that kid had some God given, natural talent.
^If you stick with it, yes, it works, but the problem is that it is not very fun. Theres a lot of stuff like this

E|-----------------------------------------1-2-3-4-
B|---------------------------------1-2-3-4---------
G|-------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------
D|-----------------1-2-3-4-------------------------
A|---------1-2-3-4---------------------------------
E|-1-2-3-4-----------------------------------------

and that can get boring, so people say 'screw this, I'm gonna do something else' Which you shoudl still try to learn songs, but definitely have some sort of standard excercises.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Alright, so I'm working on really speeding up my alternate picking and making it as accurate a possible this week. My weekends though are going to be dedicated to learning a new song all the way through, something that really helps to incorporate whatever I as working on that week, so if anyone knows any good songs where alternate picking is used quite a bit, I'd love to hear em.

Note: Anything where 32nd notes are the fastest it gets. I'm not a God yet, but I'd like something that challenges me.

Also, when I play, I anchor my pinky to the body of the guitar, and I'm not sure if this could be stalling my progress. I don't see it often, but I do know that Michael Angelo Batio plays this way as well, and he doesn't seem to have too much of a problem playing, so any thoughts on this? Should I work on keeping my hand free and not anchoring?

EDIT: For song suggestions, I'm not limited to a genre. If it's metal or jazz, it's all good to me, I like playing all of it.
In total guitar issue 171 it's got practice plans for all different lengths of time from 10 mins - 2 hours, you might find the suggestions in that quite usefull if you can get your hands on a copy