I hate when stupid little noobs get see me or someone else play and they buy a guitar and start taking lessons and like a a week later they say they are good but can only play smoke on the water.

what do you think we should set the standarded at to be a real guitarist, if you want do vocals, drums, and key boards

what should it be?
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
owning a guitar and playing it makes you a guitarist, not a good one, but a guitarist nonetheless
Quote by americnidiot
owning a guitar and playing it makes you a guitarist, not a good one, but a guitarist nonetheless

iono. i think the term "Guitarist" is too loosely used nowadays. Some people buy guitars and never touch them after a month of playing. I don't consider them guitarist.

They have to be actively playing/practicing and learning to be a guitarist in my book. Doesn't really matter about skill level.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
If you play guitar you are a guitarist. Whether you're good/bad o a poser is an entirely different matter.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
i would consider a guitarist to be someone who plays guitar and is actively trying to get better. i dont care if all you can play is the first chords of smells like teen spirit or smoke on the water. if youre practicing and getting better, and playing guitar makes you happy, congratulations, youre a guitarist.
Quote by thundrstruk891
i would consider a guitarist to be someone who plays guitar and is actively trying to get better. i dont care if all you can play is the first chords of smells like teen spirit or smoke on the water. if youre practicing and getting better, and playing guitar makes you happy, congratulations, youre a guitarist.

+1
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I AM A GUITARIST! sometimes i like to play smells like teen spirit and smoke on the water at the same time just to prove my guitaristness
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I personally think that to be a guitarist you need to be able to use the freaking search bar, This thread has been done 10000000 times.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I personally think that to be a guitarist you need to be able to use the freaking search bar, This thread has been done 10000000 times.

It's called a whammy bar dumb@$$