For 12th grade honors math class, we have to make a picture of something out of conic sections. Since I'm sure no one in the Pit knows what conic sections are, it's basically ellipses, circles, parabolas, and hyperbolas. We can also use graphs of lines and other mathematical functions, but it has to be primarily conic sections.

I've been trying to think of an album cover that I could do for this... any ideas?
well its not exactly a cone...its a prisma (or however u spell o say that...) dark side of the moon...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
off the top of my head maybe one of the foo fighters cd's i forget which one.

what math is this?
some journey albums have ellipses.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
no, idioot dark side of the moon is a prism, not only is that a 3d shape, but it has vertices and therefore is not a conic section.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Wait, why the hell are you sure no one in the pit knows what conic sections are?

Who crowned you king of the maths?
Just because people are on a guitar forum, doesn't mean they're all uneducated and stupid.

You're an example of that, and so am I. and I'm sure a lot of other people prove that too.
Quote by the-patient
Wait, why the hell are you sure no one in the pit knows what conic sections are?

Who crowned you king of the maths?
Just because people are on a guitar forum, doesn't mean they're all uneducated and stupid.

You're an example of that, and so am I. and I'm sure a lot of other people prove that too.

Haha, I know, I just figured that I'd get a lot of "LOL WUT" responses. Apparently not.

And the Foo Fighters album you're thinking of is The Colour and the Shape... that's what I'm probably gonna end up doing. Although it's a great album, I can't say I'm too big a fan of the Foo Fighters. There's gotta be something else.