Today was the first day I ever had an anxiety attack, and it wasnt a pleasent experience.
We got are marks back from first semester and everything was good, my lowest mark being a 63% in media. I never really thought much of it until after school when I was hanging out with my mates in the Atrium at school. Someone brought up marks and I explained about my 63%, then I realized it was my lowest mark..well ever, then I started to get kind of pissed, knowing it was this mark that took away my 80%average. I just for someone reason absolutely lost it, I started breathing out of control, I became extremely dizzy and blacked out for about 15 seconds, my friends started to panic, they splashed cold water on my face and I eventually came to. I was scared sh*tless to tell you the truth.

I found it really weird because something like a school grade doesn't ever bother me, not to the point were I worry myself sick.

It definitely isn't like a " OMG THATS INTENSE! GO GET CHECKED OUT THING" but I was wondering if this has ever happened to any of you?. If it has, is it a problem that would occur more frequently after you experienced it the first time? I'm only 16, and am hoping it isn't a problem I have to worry about now.
I suffered from anxiety for a while and kinda still do but I never freaked out over something as stupid as my marks. In other words you're over thinking something stupid and being a bitch. Smoke a blunt or drink some beer.

If that sounded harsh, trust me, the only way to get over anxiety is to 'suck it up', I'm not trying to be an asshole.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
I get this sometimes (not about marks) but just randomly. I will be sitting in a chair or something doing absolutely nothing and my heart will start beating really fast and I will start breathing really heavy. I usually get up and walk around for a while. I tend to be really figety as it is but sometimes my friends freak out and they're like "dude what's wrong, calm down".
Yes, its happened to me a couple times, but its not like its a disease or anything. Mine stopped after the third one (spaced out over a month) and its been a couple years since.
I'm nervous all the time but I never passed out from an anxiety attack. That's weird though, I wish I could get straight 60s, school sucks.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Quote by SleightOfHand
I suffered from anxiety for a while and kinda still do but I never freaked out over something as stupid as my marks. In other words you're over thinking something stupid and being a bitch. Smoke a blunt or drink some beer.

If that sounded harsh, trust me, the only way to get over anxiety is to 'suck it up', I'm not trying to be an asshole.

This dude has the right idea, smoke a bowl or two every morning, and your good for the rest of the day
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Quote by SleightOfHand

Ah point taken, I thought it was completely stupid for something like a mark in school to set me off. Maybe I was just ready to burst and the mark was the "icing on the cake" ?
Same thing happened to me, just try not to worry about it, that will just make you have another.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Quote by SleightOfHand

Something as stupid as your grades? What could be more important than that?
Quote by majesty
Ah point taken, I thought it was completely stupid for something like a mark in school to set me off. Maybe I was just ready to burst and the mark was the "icing on the cake" ?

If the anxiety continues send me a PM and I'll try and help you out, but I can guarantee this was a one time thing. Just don't let things bother you, and force yourself to always think positive.

The Sky Is The Limit
A good friend of mine gets those all the time, and they can be pretty scary to watch.

I agree, they're definitely not pleasant.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Castlebravo
Something as stupid as your grades? What could be more important than that?

Family? Friends? Health? Well being?

People that get worked up over school piss me off, sit back and enjoy life, you only live once. Everything will fall into place if you're dedicated enough, but worrying about things only makes them worse.

The Sky Is The Limit
its probably because you had a sudden deep realization on something and it had enough impact to confuse you and send your body into that series of actions. i dont think they can hurt you and your body will do what it needs to adjust, like passing out to calm things down to normal operation. its kind of like a quick workout speeding things up. you dont have to worry about it happening often. i think its just your perspective on the world (whatever is flowing into cognition) clashing with unconscious beliefs (whats already been set throughout the years that your mind and body have adapted to). i mean my heads been kind of loose for a while and someone like me might be more prone to depression/anxiety but i dont know if it all starts out physical or mental. but im sure mental can help alter things so you dont have to worry; you never do. whatever does happen, it shouldnt worry you to the point where youre scared, and this might be your chance to start realizing and achieving that mind set. you could just keep living the way you are and let it lead you to wherever it takes you, but its taken you through that moment and this one.

do you experience any other problems (before or after) that you would relate to this?
Last edited by theWallofYAWN at Feb 11, 2008,
Actually it happens to me a occasionally, mostly in crowded noisy restaurants and such. But I usually just go into the bathroom and it calms myself for whatever reason, so im cool

Just find a place that calms you when you get like that.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by SleightOfHand
If the anxiety continues send me a PM and I'll try and help you out, but I can guarantee this was a one time thing. Just don't let things bother you, and force yourself to always think positive.

sleightofhand is on the right track. you could learn from your experiences to continually improve at anything. being positive is definately a good trait.
Don't worry man, I get them too, many members of my family do. My dad used to not be able to drive across this bridge to get to work because of it, I've had to sit with my sister through a few panic attacks.

I had one at my youth group, when i 'woke up' or whatever my best friend was holding me very tightly, she wasn't sure if I was crying or having a heart attack or what. They're pretty scary things, in a way.

I never found it to be a big problem at all, unless you're under extreme stress. My sister had a panic attack over the amount of schoolwork, so she's similar to you. You just need to get outside, walk around, take your mind off of it, and come back to the problem with a fresh start. Hugs help too .

If you think this might bother you again, or if it does, PM me dude, we can talk about it.
Who dat?
I've had anxiety attacks before. Quite a few. There's normally intense breathing, dizzines, and vomitting or passing out or any combination of the two.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
A friend of mine used to get anxiety attacks every day. He had to go on medication and that medication made his heart beat slower so he couldn't do anything when he was taking them. It really sucked. He said it felt like he was dying.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab