Which Marshall amp should I go with? Recommend me a good Tube Combo, I would like a combo but I'm ok with a stack as well, and I'm looking to spend under 3 grand.

Thanks.
The whole JCM series is awesome. If there is a combo jcm 2000 i say jump on that s**t like a freakin trampoline.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
jcm800 FTW

I just got a 1983 50 watt half stack for 900 with cab and all, just look around and u can find a good one for a good deal
You should get the MG100DFX! It's just as good if not better than all of those 1-2K Marshalls. The OD IS CRUSHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, you might want to look into a JCM 800/900 depending on what you're looking for.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
JVM 410c or 410h

I just bought a jvm410h and a 1960a cab . I'm in love.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
what kinda sounds are you after?

jcm800 for classic rock/80's metal.

bluesbreaker/plexi/ceriatone 18watt/orange rocker 30 for classic marshall crunch.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by SSL27
You should get the MG100DFX! It's just as good if not better than all of those 1-2K Marshalls. The OD IS CRUSHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow scared me for a second.
Quote by SSL27

Seriously though, you might want to look into a JCM 800/900 depending on what you're looking for.

Sigged
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

How about a Marshall 1974x combo? That thing is pretty ace if you ask me. Really reminiscent of that classic Marshall tone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
How about an Orange Rockerverb 50? It sounds more like a Marshall than a new Marshall...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
How about an Orange Rockerverb 50? It sounds more like a Marshall than a new Marshall...

I actually played Rocker 30 today. I was kind of disappointed with it really. It was kind of flubby sounding and I wasn't feeling it. Maybe it was having a bad day. It didn't sound like a Marshall at all.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I actually played Rocker 30 today. I was kind of disappointed with it really. It was kind of flubby sounding and I wasn't feeling it. Maybe it was having a bad day. It didn't sound like a Marshall at all.

It must have been having a bad day. Because the one I played sounded like a fukking pot of gold. It is totally the next amp that I GAS over...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by DSchmitty
Sigged

Way to cut out the part that matters in that statement Schmitty

But yeah, the whole JCM series. And I actually got the opurtunity to try that Handwired combo...........

It's awesome.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Why's it have to be a Marshall?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What about a Mesa Stiletto? It also sounds more like a Marshall than a new Marshall.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
or maybe since you have 3k, you should look away from overpriced marshalls and into a nicer amp, such as metroamp
^metropolis.

or bogner. divided by 13. soldano. cage. yep.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
WIth the JCM2000 series:

DSl401 combo 1x12
TSL601 Combo (I own) 1x12
TSL602 Combo (Friend owns) 2x12
TSL100 combo 2x12

etc