Page 1 of 9
(Shameless re-post from another message board that I posted on this site)

Yeah in 3 years I’m going to be in a big huge rock band. The ideas that I'm coming up with, you know, the music I'm writing now, they’re revolutionary, as in nobody so far has came up with these radical ideas I’ve been coming up with. I’ll admit, not so much as far as the actual music is concerned, but how it’ll be recorded. The recording techniques that I’m coming up with in my mind are amazing; I can’t believe people hasn’t used them before, or at least to the greater extents that I’m imagining. The music will be amazing though, every song that will be made on the album could be a potential hit single, that's my goal - to create this masterpiece of an album where every song on the album will be amazing. Heck, I’m almost to the point where I could be considered overly-confident that the music will be very popular. I also know that I can’t look at the music objectively, but I’m telling you it’ll be incredible. Also don’t think that music will be a lot like (not all, but a lot) the generic garbage that's out today, I mean it'll be as popular, if not more popular than the most popular band that's out there today, but overall the quality of the music will be better than your favorite band that emerged in the 21st century so far.

In terms of the overall sound of the album I can’t really categorize it into one genre - you'll hear influences from Piano Rock, Funk Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Rock, Heavy Metal, Avant-Garde (which is a really weird type of music), even elements of Eastern Indian music, Country, and Rap. I’m not saying each song will have these genres in it, but you’ll hear subtle sounds from one or two diff genres in some songs. Or a song that is just one genre – like this Heavy Metal song I’m coming up with (which is influenced by various forms of Metal.)

The album will have several guest musicians and random people that are not in any way associated with the music industry, here’s an incomplete list:

Mariah Carey; she'll do guest vocals on a track that is heavily influenced by The Stones' classic "gimme shelter". I need her voice because she can sing the highest notes without even trying, a voice like that is essential for the song I'm coming up with. It's NOT confirmed that she'll be on the album, I still have to contact her directly or contact her record label. I’m confident it'll happen though, if she is unsure about the whole thing I'll just triple the initial pay, the extra expenses will be taken out of my pay.

Nas; genius lyricist and one of the most respected rappers, he created one of the most influential albums of all time. I'm not saying he's the end-all be-all rapper or whatever, but he's amazing and like Mariah Carey, I'll double or triple the initial pay if he's cautious because It's NOT confirmed that he'll be on the album, I still have to contact him directly or contact his record label.

Steve Downes; (the voice actor for Master Chief in the popular Halo videogame franchise.) I need him because I need a really tough sounding dude to deliver a funny/witty line of spoken vocals on the album. I've contacted him and at this point it's just a matter of time, he said he'd be willing to help and is just waiting for this project to take off.

Eddie Kramer; he'll be the audio engineer, he has worked with Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, and much more. I still have to contact him but he still works with groups, a lot of which of lately have not been exclusively big-name groups, which gives me hope that he'll be willing to work with me.

Ridley Scott/ James Cameron; Who have separately made movies like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American gangster, Titanic, the Terminator series, and much more. My goal is to get them to create one or two videos. They also worked with music videos before; I’ve yet to contact them.

Storm Thorgerson; he'll be the art designer for our album cover. He has worked with many more bands than Pink Floyd, but he's probably best known as the guy who created all those iconic Pink Floyd album covers. I called his house and at this point it's just a matter of time, he said he'd be willing to help and is waiting for this project to take off.

Steve Wickham; He worked with U2, Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, and more. He's recognized as one of the great fiddle players alive, and will be compose violin work on the album. I've contacted him and at this point it's just a matter of time, he said he'd be willing to help and is waiting for this project to take off.

Teddy Andreadis; his main contribution is with Guns N Roses, although never an official member he has worked with the band and toured with him, he also worked with Michael Jackson, and Alice Cooper. He'll compose harmonica work on the album. I still have to contact him, but he's not really that hard to obtain like the people I mentioned before, so no offense to him or anything but it really won't be that hard at all.

Anoushka Shankar; Daughter of Eastern Indian music legend Ravi Shankar, Anoushka Shankar will compose Eastern Indian Sitar music on the album, she's an amazing sitarist and would be perfect for the track I'm coming up with. , I contacted her manager and he said that she’d love to, however she’d have to hear the music first. So once this project takes off in fall of ‘08/early ’09 we’ll send her the material and easily get her to hop onboard.

Hundreds of random people off the street; basically in the Avant-Garde song it'll depict a young boy and it's like a coming-of-age kind of piece, where you like listen to him being born and he like grows up and dies. It's weird but it'll be really cool. It's hard to explain but if you're interested in what it'll sound like just Wikipedia 'Avant-
Garde' sometime. Or listen to the Beatles' Revolution 9 to get a better understanding. Yeah, I'll need hundreds of people since the dude will of course meet all these people (just like anybody else would) since it really is this guy being born and lives a life under 5 min, it'll be hard but I could pull it off. This would not be on its own song. It would be a hidden song after the last song on the album.

I've also contacted every stadium, convention center, and mall, also every major city in every state in the USA. I'm also currently on an on-going quest on contacting every university in our nation. I'm doing/did this because I want to heavily promote the album, I mean heavily promote the album. I'm telling you this WILL be huge. I can’t tell you the major record label that I want, although one of their buildings is located on Los Angeles. That’s the only hint that I can give you.

Also, don’t think that I’m some moron going into this headfirst; my knowledge in music in music is immense. I’ve probably studied the industry more so than I have a lot of topics that I was supposed to study in school, something I’m proud to admit. I’ve read countless books about it and really only lack the experience. So all the other miscellaneous stuff like attorneys, managers, agents, and the other boring stuff that I did not include at the beginning of the article – I have all that covered, kind of, I’m going to research all of that this Spring.
REPORTED

Wait...is this spam? I can't tell.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Dude. You're so high right now.

And hands off Thorgeson, he's mine.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
i'll look forward to it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I can't foresee any ways in which that plan could fail.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
you're gonna end up committing suicide when you realize how stupid you are
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Planning on getting fat?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
May whatever god or deity you believe in strike you down with AIDS for wasting our time.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by musicianamedave
You aren't as special as you think you are.

+9000
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
"my knowledge in music in music is immense"

But your knowledge in Grammar in grammar is not

Edit:
"I've also contacted every stadium, convention center, and mall, also every major city in every state in the USA."

Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Last edited by Red33 at Feb 11, 2008,
perhaps genious, perhaps mainstream domination in the making, perhaps high, perhaps you just gave everyone on the internet your plan and if it works anyone could be famous so you=fail
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Arthur Curry
you are quite possibly the biggest tool i have ever encountered, internet or otherwise.

why?
Good luck, I guess.

I'm interested in this insanely new and different way of recording.
Who dat?
Awesome! I'll make sure to pirate all your albums!
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by Arthur Curry
you are quite possibly the biggest tool i have ever encountered, internet or otherwise.

+infinity

to TS: i probably out-class you so baddly that if we gutar dueled, you would have to kill yourself from the shame
Wow you've really thought this out. Good luck with your music.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by Linqua5150
perhaps genious, perhaps mainstream domination in the making, perhaps high, perhaps you just gave everyone on the internet your plan and if it works anyone could be famous so you=fail

let's remember that there's no O in genius. Don't want to give up any footing when taking down internet dumbassery.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You fail.
Heavily.
At life and music.
You fail at everything other than being a total douchebag/dumbass.
Kill yourself.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
So your big plan is to use all of these other people's talent to make you famous? Good call there buddy.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...

Even if you are as good as you say, idc, and niether will a lot of people. You don't see professional musicians making asses of themselves by telling everyone they're the greatest...and if they do they're douchebags>>

Edit:
I just read it all...that's lame as hell.
*Steals your idea to use Shankar*

Actually, my plans/dreams are quite similar to this guy's. Except I know it'll probably never happen. He doesn't seem to realize that.....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Last edited by Wulver at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by bobsinclarfan
why?

it's good to have ambition, but for christ's sake, have some modesty. there's no sure-fire way to just bust into the music business and produce "THE GREATEST ALBUM THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN." there are so many variables that you can't see right now, not to mention the fact that this is, in essence, just a bunch of words without evidence. no one cares how good you think you are or how good you think you're going to be, because until we actually hear this ULTIMATE MIND-BLOWING SOUND, you're just another faceless internet nothing.