I've been playing guitar for about a year now (without any real lessons though)
and I've gotten proficient at playing some songs.

My friends and I made a band recently, so I've been practicing my singing and playing.
Although our band is not going to be acoustic, I like the genre.

So, I've been learning a few percussive fingerstyle songs to play and sing at the same time.

So far, I've only managed:
Extreme - More than Words (I can't do the ending)
Ryan Tedder - The Look
Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes

As you can see, all three songs have percussive playing, but I can't seem to find anymore good songs.

Can you guys recommend me any good songs to sing and play at the same time?
(Percussive fingerstyle is favored, but it doesn't HAVE to be percussive.. could be just a good fingerstyle song like Tears in Heaven, which I got already).

Thanks~
"Taken For Granted"
those are good songs =)
i especially like gatekeeper

I'm open to more suggestions
"Taken For Granted"
ahahhaa tony emmanuel... i'll be the happiest man if i can play that song
"Taken For Granted"
Tommy Emmanuel is absolutely brilliant, though he is on a level that you aren't at yet (I'm not there yet either, so don't feel bad about this). I've tried playing a few of songs and there were a few that I was almost close to playing and then I stopped practicing and now I should try them again...
noob question... what exactly is "percussive" fingerstyle and how is it different from any other kind of fingerstyle?
Quote by Nightfyre
noob question... what exactly is "percussive" fingerstyle and how is it different from any other kind of fingerstyle?

percussive fingerstyle is where you play the guitar with your fingers and, in regular intervals, you tap a part of a guitar (say, the strings or the body of the guitar).

try listening to the songs i listed at the first post.

edit:: thank you guys for the song suggestions
"Taken For Granted"
Last edited by Natshu at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by Natshu
I've been playing guitar for about a year now (without any real lessons though)
and I've gotten proficient at playing some songs.

My friends and I made a band recently, so I've been practicing my singing and playing.
Although our band is not going to be acoustic, I like the genre.

So, I've been learning a few percussive fingerstyle songs to play and sing at the same time.

So far, I've only managed:
Extreme - More than Words (I can't do the ending)
Ryan Tedder - The Look
Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes

As you can see, all three songs have percussive playing, but I can't seem to find anymore good songs.

Can you guys recommend me any good songs to sing and play at the same time?
(Percussive fingerstyle is favored, but it doesn't HAVE to be percussive.. could be just a good fingerstyle song like Tears in Heaven, which I got already).

Thanks~

look into raul midon. he might be a little hard to play and sing though. but i think its the style you are looking for.