i went to musiciansfriend.com and most guitars have been
raised around $30-$50 USD. any reason why? i think it's
pretty lame.

EDIT:

is this the result of the recession?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Last edited by clay pots at Feb 11, 2008,
i seriously noticed the same thing a couple of days ago
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I noticed it a while ago. I hate the U.S.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
It's because the U.S. is about to go into another Great Depression and there is not alot we can do about it.

Those prices are probably the cheapest you'll see in your life time

EDIT: I believe that 10 US $ gets you 8 euros?, and alot of US stores are starting to take euros
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Try living in the UK where everything including guitars and basses are really expensive to start out with. I paid £400 just for a second-hand Shergold.
Quote by TDKshorty
It's because the U.S. is about to go into another Great Depression and there is not alot we can do about it.

EDIT: I believe that 10 US $ gets you 8 euros?, and alot of US stores are starting to take euros

I have not heard anything of the sorts. The price increase is probably just them raising the prices before a "sale". They did the same thing before Christmas, and then they lowered again and they said "Christmas sale! Best deal ever!" when you could have got the same price 4 months earlier.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I told all my friend two years ago that were going to hit a depression but they just said I was stupid.Cerealy.
Quote by TDKshorty

Saying that we're going into a "Great Depression" is probably going over board, but yes, recession is to blame for overly expensive guitars.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
yeah, I noticed it in their catalogue for this year. I got a little cheap Dean Vendetta last year for $99.99 from them, it went up to $119.99 this year.

Same thing for pretty much every other guitar they had in there too.
Quote by withgunstoglory
Saying that we're going into a "Great Depression" is probably going over board, but yes, recession is to blame for overly expensive guitars.

In the next 30 years it will be more serious than a recession, you might think it's just a recession, but look around you, America is going down bro
I had no idea that all guitars jumped up in prices, I know that Schecter slightly increased their prices, sucks that everyone bumped up their prices as well.
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by TDKshorty

we are not goin into a great depression.. we are in recession right now... but the great depression was caused by a stock market crash.. which there are safeguards in place to prevent that from happening again if i am not mistaken
I was just about to purshase a Schecter C1-Hellraiser off of there too.. and it went from 649.99 to 699.99.

Oh well. I guess I can finally start buying from here now.
Quote by AcsticRckr89
we are not goin into a great depression.. we are in recession right now... but the great depression was caused by a stock market crash.. which there are safeguards in place to prevent that from happening again if i am not mistaken

We will eventually, there is no doubt, maybe not as bad, but our economy is going to fall greatly. Our stock market crashing isn't the only way we can go into a depression. Remember they had no idea it was going to crash until it did right before their eyes. I hope we don't
Quote by TDKshorty
We will eventually, there is no doubt, maybe not as bad, but our economy is going to fall greatly. Our stock market crashing isn't the only way we can go into a depression. Remember they had no idea it was going to crash until it did right before their eyes. I hope we don't

Does anybody else feel that the Euro is partly responsible for the decline of the US dollar?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
its a mix between inflation and recession. inflation naturally increases prices but recession acts as a catalyst.
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
tagged
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
TDKShorty, the US is NOT going into a great depression
As long as inflation is curbed, and interest rates keep dropping, the US will experience a fairly rough recession. If your curious about a real great depression going on now, search for the economy of zimbabwe on wikipedia.

And prices are just going up because of inflationary pressures. The US economy should have just gone past the peak of its boom and big business owners will be trying to make as much profit before they have to drop prices.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by CORT noob
I have not heard anything of the sorts. The price increase is probably just them raising the prices before a "sale". They did the same thing before Christmas, and then they lowered again and they said "Christmas sale! Best deal ever!" when you could have got the same price 4 months earlier.

i have
Quote by TaintedFearSBT
Hasn't the U.S. dollar gone down?

yeah, by alot. the australian dollar was buying about 50 cents a while ago, and now its buying around 90 cents to the dollar.
Quote by dann_blood
TDKShorty, the US is NOT going into a great depression
As long as inflation is curbed, and interest rates keep dropping, the US will experience a fairly rough recession. If your curious about a real great depression going on now, search for the economy of zimbabwe on wikipedia.

And prices are just going up because of inflationary pressures. The US economy should have just gone past the peak of its boom and big business owners will be trying to make as much profit before they have to drop prices.

What this^ guy said, we're always going into a recession or an inflation, it just so happens that some are more extreme than others.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
I think we've already fallen a great deal. Hopefully our next president will do something about this before we fall any further.
Prices look the same to me.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
I remember my guitar raising about $50 at Guitar Center after I purchased it.

I bought it for $689, I think. Now I go there and see them for around $749.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
This recession we (the US) are in is all part of the economic cycle. We just expirienced the highest peaks in the stock market ever, and it is natural that the economy will recess for a while.

And there's nothing to worry about yet, because as said before, there are many safeguards to prevent a depression. One of those would be to cut interest rates which is what the government has recently done.

Hopefully the corporations will lower their prices.
Quote by mrwaffles
I think we've already fallen a great deal. Hopefully our next president will do something about this before we fall any further.

Me too, hopefully the right candidates will get voted on.
It's the recession.

Recession is a normal part of an economic cycle (The last one was in 2001, when 9/11 happened and the internet bubble burst), and economists are predicting this should only last a couple of quarters.
maybe its just getting more expensive to produce the guitars? people cut down the trees faster than they are grown up, this can cause a small shortage in material to make the guitar. so maybe the companys are just compensating for the expense they have to endure. i dont know anything about economics, just a thought
Wow - I got a Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany during Christmas for 800 bucks. The price went up 100 bucks.
GO YANKEES!
I just remembered, to import a guitar here they add on like $250. So that means if I want to buy a MIM strat I have to pay $750 [assuming the price goes up]???

F*ck, I'll never get an electric guitar.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?