Alright, so my band has a gig in around a month. Originally we were gonna be a cover band with a couple of originals. But since we've struggled with the choice and performance of these songs, we've decided to switch to an original band with a few covers.

The only covers we decided to keep are Rainbow In The Dark and Holy Diver by Dio. We need a third cover. One that people will know. I'm the guitarist/singer, and I'm great on the fretboard, but while I'm a decent singer I don't have much range. Bass isn't particularly good (has been playing for a couple of months), drummer is decent, keyboardist is classically trained. So keep all that in mind. Suggestions?

Also, I need some help for writing the rest of the originals. How might I go about getting inspiration?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Shameless bump. >.>
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Why in the hell are you doing two Dio covers? Are you playing a washed up 80's metal bar?
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
Why in the hell are you doing two Dio covers? Are you playing a washed up 80's metal bar?

It's really freaking difficult to appeal to the rest of the band. The pianist is classical, the drummer is a jazz drummer, and the bassist who sucks mainly listens to hair metal. So far the Dio covers are the only ones that sounded decent. I've tried to suggest plausible gig-type songs...if they would play them, I would.

So any actual suggestions?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X