Yesterday I had the extreme pleasure of playing an LTD EC 400 Archtop model, and really dug how it felt and sounded. Even through the ****ty little Ibanez practice amp i played through, it sounded great; stuff from Zepplin and Sabbath to BLS to Killswitch. Crazy feel too.

First question; If this is a 400 series of LTD guitars, how much better are the 1000 series? I'll be in the market for a new guitar soon, and I've had my eyes on the Eclipse series for a LONG time. Since playing one, i've dug the feel and sound; the thickness of a Les Paul, without the size and iffy upper fret access. AND it's a helluva lot cheaper. The LTD deluxe series seem to be rated REALLY highly, and I know a bunch of you guys have them, so I want to know if it'd be worth the extra couple hundred to get an Eclipse II rather than the LTD EC - 1000 as far as quality, feel and sound are concerned. (btw, i'm looking at the VHB finish one, with Seymour Duncans.) Another question; do either models of that finish have an Ebony fretboard?

Final Question; What pickups are in the 400 archtop? When I played it yesterday, they produced such a wicked tone; amazing cleans, superb articulation, and the distortion? don't get me started...through an overdrive tone with some chorus, i completely nailed Zakk Wylde's sound, and made pinch harmonics that would have made the man himself go "Damn!" I'm really interested in the pickups, cuz they now make me want to throw them in my Schecter.

Thanks in advance.
I dont know the answers to some of your questions, but i have been saving for an EC-1000 amber burst with seymour duncans for a while. Your right, the feel and quality and price is all amazing. Ive seen them rated good all over the place to, i played one through some pretty nice amps in sam ash and loved it.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
The EC-1000 is definitely worth the extra money. The 400 series although they may play good, will not hold up for the life time that the EC1000 would. My opinion, as having played both, is to go with the EC-1000. I personally like the Black Tux finish.
^^^i dont see how they wouldnt last as long as the deluxe series guitars. They are both made in korea. the deluxe series is just better in aesthetic quality with some differences in hardware

TS: The deluxe series is a good choice, but the EC-400 is excellent nonetheless. I'm not sure which EC-400 you're talking about..but I'm assuming its the classic Les Paul one with 22 frets and covered pickups, so those are Seymour duncan JB/59's, which are teh same as the EC-1000 you're talking about. Tone wise, there will be almost no difference at all between the two, but the EC-1000 has a tonepros bridge and schaller locking tuners, so that means better tuning and intonation.

Go for the EC-1000 if you ahve the money
Quote by RG_FANMAN

First question; If this is a 400 series of LTD guitars, how much better are the 1000 series? I'll be in the market for a new guitar soon, and I've had my eyes on the Eclipse series for a LONG time. Since playing one, i've dug the feel and sound; the thickness of a Les Paul, without the size and iffy upper fret access. AND it's a helluva lot cheaper. The LTD deluxe series seem to be rated REALLY highly, and I know a bunch of you guys have them, so I want to know if it'd be worth the extra couple hundred to get an Eclipse II rather than the LTD EC - 1000 as far as quality, feel and sound are concerned. (btw, i'm looking at the VHB finish one, with Seymour Duncans.) Another question; do either models of that finish have an Ebony fretboard?

If you like a little more glitz, finish, and better hardware (locking tuners and bridge = better tuning stability and sustain), you can go for a Deluxe. A genuine ESP will be much more refined (no rough edges, seams) and made of higher quality woods than the already excellent LTDs, though it'll have 22 frets. Interestingly enough, if you want Ebony, look into the EC500S, EC1000VB, and Eclipse II...those are the only ones that have that. Ebonied EC's only come with EMGs (81 B, 60 N).

500:

1000:

There are a lot of Eclipses with Ebony...look at their website.

Quote by RG_FANMAN

Final Question; What pickups are in the 400 archtop? When I played it yesterday, they produced such a wicked tone; amazing cleans, superb articulation, and the distortion? don't get me started...through an overdrive tone with some chorus, i completely nailed Zakk Wylde's sound, and made pinch harmonics that would have made the man himself go "Damn!" I'm really interested in the pickups, cuz they now make me want to throw them in my Schecter.

Thanks in advance.

Seymour Duncan, JB on Bridge/59 on Neck, the same set as Will Adler's from Lamb of God.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Feb 12, 2008,
thanks guys. i'm either gunna go with the LTD 1000 or Eclipse II for my next guitar (unless the DV-8 at a local guitar center doesn't get sold by june or july ). And i gotta say, those Duncans sounded kick ass. I may have to get a set.
I personally would go EC 1000 over Eclipse any day, as the Eclipse isn't worth the money, to me. The EC is a way better value I think.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman