Page 1 of 2
I'm just looking for some idea's because I'm looking for a good Gain number so it can pick up faster. Currently on 5 or 4, I'm guessing most people have it out of 10. thank you
LOL
Usually put mine at around 7 or so to keep it pretty clear while still getting pretty nasty..... But that's just on my amp, it will vary depending on the amp though...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
0!
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
6-7.
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
either 5 or 8 when I had a distortion pedal now I have a digitech rp250 so not sure really whatever level the Hair Day setting is
One channel i keep it on 8, the extra gain channel i have on 10, but I rarely use that channel.

I know 8 may seem high, but i like to have a tightness to my sound, if its not around that high it sounds a bit muddy sometimes.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
I usually have mine around 4, if I'm playing with distortion. Any more, and it gets too noisy (as in with interference). I really should shield my guitar.
i have my gain on the clean chan. of my amp at about 12 oclock and the gain on my dist pedal at about like 4oclock, somehting like that.
Quote by SiKh22
I'm just looking for some idea's because I'm looking for a good Gain number so it can pick up faster. Currently on 5 or 4, I'm guessing most people have it out of 10. thank you

Erm...that's not quite how it works...

Needless to say, mine varies for what I'm playing, and what I have the master volume of my main amp set at.
Quote by CkY freak
One channel i keep it on 8, the extra gain channel i have on 10, but I rarely use that channel.

I know 8 may seem high, but i like to have a tightness to my sound, if its not around that high it sounds a bit muddy sometimes.

Is that on your AT-212? That's crazy man, I find that it gets muddier after 7 or 8 on mine... Could just be the individual amp characteristics and the guitars used as well though I suppose..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
My amp is a VJ so there's only one knob - volume.

On my DS-1... I constantly change it, sometimes I have it at max and turn the level down, sometimes I have it at 0 or 1 and have the level cranked. The tone knob I do at about 2:00 for my tele and more like 3:00 or 4:00 Meat, which is a mahogany guitar and thus a bit darker and chunkier(hence the name Meat.)
Quote by last_biscuit

Needless to say, mine varies for what I'm playing, and what I have the master volume of my main amp set at.

well i mean it seems to get more sensitive as going higher in gain but that static noise comes out
LOL
Quote by last_biscuit

thats what I say
It really depends on what I'm playing, 4-6 blues, 8 for metal, 10 for METAL.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
on my Valvetronix I use the UK Modern channel and usually keep it at around 6 or 7 (or where those numbers would be if it had numbers).
1. Single coil tap on the neck pickup. It get's me a slight hint of fuzz (due to the 12ax7 army in my amp) and gives me a great muddy punch. I love proto-Funk.
Quote by Reildeal
Is that on your AT-212? That's crazy man, I find that it gets muddier after 7 or 8 on mine... Could just be the individual amp characteristics and the guitars used as well though I suppose..

yeah it is. I have a X2N so its like you have to turn the gain on high to get it to "crunch" which is what I like.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
if its modern metal that **** should be jacked
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
My amp is weird (Its a SS Spider... Saving for a JCM800!!), and I use a Line 6 Floor Pod (It works for me, so I use it and one of the distortions its got on it), so on the Pedal its set at around 8, but on a different amp it probably would be like 6.

I also use lighter distortion that is probably around 3-4 on a different amp. And a nice clean tone!
It changes, usually about 7, though sometimes i'll put it to 10. It always sounds crap anyway though.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
About 8 or 9
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
I change my settings every time I sit down.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
10 on my Roctron Utopia. For some reason it sounds really tight and responsive at any gain. I do play it along with drummers and bassists and the tone stays the same throughout different volume levels.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
What is this "gain" you speak of? :stickpoke
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
On my amp i have it at about 7 usually.. It depends on the guitar, as single coils will drive it less. I mainly use the clean channel though.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I usually keep it at 6-7. More than enough for me
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Meaning 10.
It's on the "lo" output jack, on the "hi" one it just sounds sterile with that much gain.

However it goes to aroun 5 a lot too, sometimes around 8 if I'm looking for a crunch.
i keep mine bertween 8-10 on my crate head, because the head was made more for low gain styles so requires a lil more balls to get a heavy gain out of it. on my kustom 12 gauge i put it at about 5-6 plenty of dist for practice in my room. and my marshall mg, i try not to go to the dist channel because it sounds like crap but when i did i put it at like 4
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Page 1 of 2