BEFORE YOU READ: It's kind of long but if you want to read go for it, if you don't, please don't whine about how long it is.

YEAH! Everyone's favorite thing to dream of / do! ROAD TRIP!

Well check it out, I haven't slept since Friday night and I'm sooo tired that I'm literally high, like I feel high and everything is so surreal I can just BITE it! It's amazing. So, before I crash, I thought, HEY! Why shouldn't THE PIT know about my awesome weekend?!

So dig this.

A couple friends of mine I used to go to school with back in Tuscon called up and we decided to do a road trip. Now, one of my friends lives in Tucson still and the other moved to Oklahoma. So, Early Saturday morning, my friend drove up from Tucson to my location (Phoenix) and we started the drive to Oklahoma. Our plan was to do some interesting crap on the way there and then to pick up my Okie friend when we got there and continue the MASS CHAOS!! So yeah, we all grabbed like $200 and started out.

So, on the way there we basically just switched turns driving. We drove through the painted desert, grand canyon, it was neat. Stopped at a few restaurants and caused the management some headaches. Now, all of us are clean cut and don't do drugs but we decided when we got to Oklahoma we would experience some of it buzzed on some alcohol.

So blah blah BLAH, we get to Oklahoma and drive into Edmond and pick up my friend at his house. Say hi to his parents whatever etc. Now, we're on the road. This is where the fun begins. First, we stop off at some Scientology raid which was going on. Holy ****, it was CRAZY! There was so much crazy stuff happening I don't really even remember what was going on hahah! But, there were a ton of people and signs and yelling, it was surreal. So, we went and saw some movies, some local concerts, went to my friend's friends houses and chilled. Then the night life broke out. Oklahoma is a gun HO state so we took advantage of some night shooting \m/ courtesy of my friends connections. Next, we hit up a rave and that's where we got a little buzzed. After that, we went to the The Red Cup cafe or the Red Teapot, can't remember which and we took advantage of their open mic night. We bought our guitars. We stayed at that cafe a while. At some point at around 2 am I started talking to this guy who seemed stoned OUT OF HIS MIND!

Anyways, turns out he was the owner of the cafe and we talked for hours about music and whatnot. Long story short, we improved together on stage. Turns out he owns a recording studio in NY and we got invited up there if we're ever in the neighbor hood.

So yeah, just to wrap things up, we dropped our friend back off, drove back to Arizona, VERY TIRED, had to stop off at some truck stops and ended up shooting the **** with some truckers, interesting people. So yeah, I got home today at 6am. With enough time to shower, eat, and go to school. I wigged everyone out cause I was high on life and I dunno, it was great though. So yeah, went to work after school (I teach guitar, no idea how I did it so well but I did) got home ate dinner, posted this and now about to CRASH!

Sorry about the sketchy text guys. If you have road trip stories, please share them. Peace PIT!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Feb 11, 2008,
tl;dr

But I went on a road trip from Houston, TX to San Diego, CA and it sucked. It might have been funner if I had someone to travel with, and I wasn't driving a big Uhaul towing a car. Still nice scenery except for Arizona and New Mexico which have no grass whatsoever.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
My road trip 5 years ago.

2 weeks; We started in Houston, we ended in fabulous Las Vegas, spending 1 week and 2 days there. I will never, ever, mention, whether on/offline or in/out of court what we did for that 1 week and 2 days. Let's just say...we enjoyed some legislative loopholes and legalities.

Anyway, the funniest part of the trip was on the way back; We stop at a Gas 'n' Grill place in New Mexico, and buy 35$ worth of food, 25$ worth of 'souvenoirs from Vegas', and 60$ in gas, which we conscientiously paid the very nice attendee a total of 133.18$ in nothing but quarters, nickels, and dimes; No paper bills whatsoever.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I get to go on a sweet roadtrip this summer.
Me and my family are going to the chicago blues fest, then driving to branson, then driving down to texas to go see the stevie ray memorial, stay the week, maybe hit a concert, then drive back up to frosty stupid michigan.
it's gonna be great.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i went on a trip to tucson from seattle last eyar, that was real fun. stopped in vegas for a night and the grand canyon on the way back up. this summer my mountain bike team and i are going to moab for a week. that will be a blast.
CAN I GET A +1?!
i really want to go on a road trip. maybe i will this summer. i might be going on a small on to NYC (its only like a 3.5 hour drive) with some friends to go see Spamalot.
me and a couple buddies are going to canada this summer from around boston. not too far, but its gonna be nuts once we're there.
Originally posted by smf
i like my women like i like my coffee tied up in a sack over the back of a donkey
i went on a road trip from kansas to minneapolis to chicago, to NYC then back to Kansas..

and this winter i was in Texas in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Bandera, and Waco
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
that sounds like a blast

I try to take a road trip once a year. I'm going to California this year (hopefully) and will hit the grand canyon, Vegas, L.A. all the good ****.
My favorite road trip was to Tennessee. We weren't sober more than 30 straight minutes. A lot of crazy **** went down, but of course they are mostly the, you had to be there ****. Although around 11 or at night we're drinking in our motel room, I stumbe by the window and see a giagantic 8 ft silohette in the pool. I gave my eyes a few seconds to reajust, and see that it's a ****ing bear, and it is now climbing the fence. I excitedly yell out, "check this **** out, there's a ****ing bear in the pool." Obviously everyone just though I was out of my mind drunk. They look and see it, and do something insanly stupid. The walk out looking for it, as it had walked away by this time.
So, me and one of my friends are standing by the door, when this black guy comes out of the next room. We tell him whats going on, and he decides he has to get in on the action as well. It was about that time my friends come running (smart, eh?) towards our room, saying the bear stood up and looked like it was about to charge. We never saw the black guy again.
me and 3 friends went to my aunts house in virginia for a week and just lounged in her pool and watched tv..so relaxing, then we went to NYC since we'd never been there before and visited the statue of liberty and ellis island (pretty cool) then we ****in got lost in manhatten (that was dumb but tons of hot chicks walking around) hell of a trip
I have plans this summer to go hitch-hiking with a buddy up to the Cascades. Pretty much a Kerouac trip, but it should be awesome.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I have plans this summer to go hitch-hiking with a buddy up to the Cascades. Pretty much a Kerouac trip, but it should be awesome.

Hitchhiking is illegal.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I am pretty sure it is illegal to hitch hike in every state in the US, including California. Either way, enjoy being abducted. I'm sure all those nice folks in California won't molest you.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
You did all that in ONE weekend? jesus christ

last summer my sister and I drove from LA to Vegas, and from there to Chicago. It was me, her, and all of her worldly belongings in a Chevy Malibu that had a stereo without a CD player. We were moving from her house in LA back home to Chicago and decided driving in our little Malibu was the best idea. Took us FIVE DAYS.

Full story tomorrow maybe, I'm tired. Was a great trip though.

And this summer I plan on touring around the midwest a bit with my band. Take a week or two to hit Wisconson, Michigan, or Indiana, and of course Illinois. At least three of the four states, playing shows every night.

Magicedit:
Quote by The Leader

Anyway, the funniest part of the trip was on the way back; We stop at a Gas 'n' Grill place in New Mexico, and buy 35$ worth of food, 25$ worth of 'souvenoirs from Vegas', and 60$ in gas, which we conscientiously paid the very nice attendee a total of 133.18$ in nothing but quarters, nickels, and dimes; No paper bills whatsoever.

You're horrible
Last edited by stringmagician at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by jasonmetal love
First, we stop off at some Scientology raid which was going on. Holy ****, it was CRAZY! There was so much crazy stuff happening I don't really even remember what was going on hahah! But, there were a ton of people and signs and yelling, it was surreal.

Weird, I just finished reading about that.

Sounds like a lot of fun though
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab