Page 1 of 13
Why is it that the school shootings happen mostly in USA?
Only in USA you hear so much about school shootings. Sure, there happens a lot of crap in other places, like some years ago when an Israeli kid stabbed a friend over a marbles game, or here in Argentina when a kid stabbed a teacher because she didn't approve him.
But in USA you hear about kids bringing guns to school to kill their own friends ! WTF?! Why is that?
In Argentina we have a lot of crime but that's because of the poverty. In USA, you don't see major problems in the kids besides being bullied and misunderstood. But all over the world the kids get bullied, and they don't pick guns and shoot everyone .

EDIT:
Here have a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings#Notable_Shootings
You have more school shootings in USA than in the whole world combined.

And it's not that it's hard to get a gun. In 3rd world countries, you just have to go to a villa (extreme poverty neighborhood) and get a gun from some dealer. And if a kid wants a gun, he can get one.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 11, 2008,
Other countries can't afford guns?
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i dont think there are necessarily more shootings in the USA, just that they are made a big deal of and so are broadcasted more world-wide.
We have a waaaaay lenient gun policy in most states. Look at good old New York; we never get any crazy shootings like that because we have tight gun laws. Places like many Southern or Midwestern states make guns far too available to the public.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Lifes a cold hard relaity

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
I read about a Finnish school shooting months ago, It doesn't only happen in the US it's only blown way out of proportion in the US and North America in general.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
It's not that we have more shootings or more violence, it's that the media and rival nations LOVE to highlight, at every opportunity, the supposed flaws of the country.
Quote by sik209
i dont think there are necessarily more shootings in the USA, just that they are made a big deal of and so are broadcasted more world-wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings#Notable_Shootings

Look at how much shootings were in USA alone, and then look at how much ALL OVER THE WORLD.
There were more in USA alone, that in all the world combined.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

America does have a ****load of problems but we also have a way bigger amount of people per capita than most places. Something to consider. More people will = more problems. Also in America if **** like that goes down it WILL be on the news so this causes the kids who do it to become famous which is essentially what they want. Other countries don't have the media bombs that the US does. For example if there was a school shooting in Argentina we wouldn't hear about it in the US but you guys in Argentina DO hear about it because for some reason everyone needs to know about this ****ty countries BS problems.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Well the simple answer it the media. School shootings happen all over the world, you just only hear about them from American TV. The news pumps fear to everyone so everyone stays home and buys more TV dinners. Better for that great American economy.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
It's not only in USA, just today some kid stabbed another one to death in the Bahamas. A while ago kids were killing each other for cell phones here. The only reason we don't have shootings is because the kids aren't smart enough to learn to operate a gun and they're too poor to get their hands on one anyway.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
OUR ADULTS ARE SCREWING THE NATION UP FOR US. not the president, but the baby boomers... life is just harder to deal with in the us anyways...
Because the united states' gun policy basically says "Here, have a gun!"
Yeah, if someone gets a little angry, we have some psycho paths to go along with that retarded law.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Because most american teens are retarded
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by monkeyguitar78
We have shootings in Canada, too.

No we dont...

And didn't Finland have a school shooting a few months ago?
there are school shootings elswhere in the world
look it up
don't be a generic foreign america hater
that's just as ignorant as being an american who thinks they're better than the rest of the world
Most violence here in america is also from poverty. Those numbers and school shootings and violence are mostly from poverty stricken area's in the US, ex. projects, "hood"
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
its because the kids these days see that as the only way to take care of their problems because they are pansies and are afraid to actually fight somebody
The problem isn't guns, it's bad parenting. Parents are too concerned with letting their kids have privacy to notice the assortment of weapons they have in their room (the Columbine kids had ****ing grenades and illegal weapons strewn all around their room, and when asked, their mother said "This is his room, I was respecting his privacy". Dumb bitch.).
you give a very narrow view of the United States. A good percentage of the United States lives below the poverty line, the media in this country just does not emphasize this. As for comparing the US to Argentina and Israel, think of the population differences of those countries compared to the US, of course there is going to be more crime, its simple statistics.

Quote by sik209

another huge reason.

and the weapons policy as well as the criminal justice system (or lack there of) make it easy to be a criminal.

Dont forget that this country has a minority situation like no other country in the world, and they tend to get ignored by the white politicians in this country which lead to American youth feeling as they have no other choice but to be violent
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
Quote by sik209
if u had bothered to look at the title those are famous cases only, not cases period

Yeah, so theres even way more.
Quote by brandon369852
Most violence here in america is also from poverty. Those numbers and school shootings and violence are mostly from poverty stricken area's in the US, ex. projects, "hood"

actually the recent ones i know of were in average suburbia
and columbine was right up the street from me
in an upperclass suburban neighborhood
it's more ****ed up kids with even more ****ed up parents
and that gosh darned 2nd amendment ****s **** up too
Quote by Najarok
No we dont...

Yes we do...
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Kevin97220
Yeah, so theres even way more.

Was that a serious comment?!? The only thing this table shows is that in America school shootings are more broadcasted by the media
Quote by KingJustinian25
Id rather have those school shootings more than the problems in every other country...

i'd rather not have guns
(though they are fun to shoot)
just too many crazies to keep them around
Every tragedy in America becomes famous unless it involves minorities being the victims. I am sure everyone remembers the Holloway case in Aruba right? I would put money on it, if that girl had been black, it wouldn't have made it past her local news channel.

In other countries they don't make every news story about violence.

Also, this issue has nothing to do with gun control.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Every tragedy in America becomes famous unless it involves minorities being the victims. I am sure everyone remembers the Holloway case in Aruba right? I would put money on it, if that girl had been black, it wouldn't have made it past her local news channel.

In other countries they don't make every news story about violence.

Also, this issue has nothing to do with gun control.

^ you're an idiot
shootings + gun control go hand in hand
ever hear of a school shooting in britain?
based on WWII where america glorified the violence since no one here got hurt, we were the only country to win the world wars. germany and japan were bombed to little bits as well as britain and france. they have a different opinion of guns having lost relatives in the wars and actually seen the ombat in their cities. in america we saw newsreels and a few well supplied late entrant veterans. we unfortunately consider that brutality the peak of our power and ideals, rather than a shameful scar, or thousands of years of wars recombined into one conflict. thats why no other countries are as warlike as we are.

and therefore its not the youth its the parents. not only are the kids nutty ****s, but the parents are too drunk to do ****, and thereare lots of available guns here due to the weapons manufacture that could only exist here during the wars. they of course recieved large gov't contracts and grew too quickly and stayed too big after the war.

but at least its not video games.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered