I just recently bought an Ibanez RG2EX. Its not bad and it feels really good but i want to get something that gives a really good sound with nice pinch harmonics and lead. I want to get something that can play some screaming metal but has the capability to tone it down. I was wandering what guitars i should look into and try out or maybe even buy different pickups, amp or pedals. I also don't want to spend a crap load of money. Just lookin for some overall advice in the Alternative hardcore/metal genre.
you should try the peavey windsor I heard it was pretty good.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
you should try the peavey windsor I heard it was pretty good.

Did you read the thread title? The Peavey Windsor is an amp.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
did you read his thread??

Quote by olheiser01
I was wandering what guitars i should look into and try out or maybe even buy different pickups, amp or pedals. I also don't want to spend a crap load of money. Just lookin for some overall advice in the Alternative hardcore/metal genre.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Well if he just bought a new guitar, I would assume he already has a good amp that he likes, because the amp should have come before the new guitar.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
that doesnt matter since he said that he wants to know about a better amp...and if you take it like that then he wouldnt want to know about a better guitar since he just bought a new one...blah blah.... :p
Quote by RetroGunslinger
if you want a more metal sounds from your guitar but still get those nice clean try out a schecter c-1 hellraiser. ive had one for about 7 months and let me tell you its badass. the emg active pickups are great of harmonics and i dont even have that great of an amp. seriously go to guitar center or something and try it out