well when we start out, most of us think that speed is the key. i knew better, so i started slower...then progressed to faster playing. however, due to practicing such fast playing now, i cant slow down (did that even make sense, lol). this is more noticable when i play slow songs like iron man or crazy train, or anything from nirvana for that matter (since the two last ones are usually more chord oriantated). does anyone have tips on how to slow down and yet still keep my speed in check?
I know, same happenned to me, get a metronome and just find your own beat with it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
I know, same happenned to me, get a metronome and just find your own beat with it

+ 1, mets are the key to life.
just play to the music. timing is super important and you cant rely on metronomes for life. best thing to do is just play along with the song as to learn the real timing.
metronome or play along with music (i play MP3's on my computer and play w/ that)
Quote by Wonthefu
You remind me of Toki and Skwisgarr.

"We can'ts nots play fast, like physically."
"Yeah, it's hard..."

It's not rocket sceince. Get a metronome, set it to 60 or 50, play at that tempo.

lol old comment, but I thought of the exact same thing
Quote by ChicNStu0017
lol old comment, but I thought of the exact same thing

i beleive that was the blues episode
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************