So i got this new pickup switch for my dean since the old one broke, and instead of having just 3 wiring spots on it, it has 5 and im lost in confusion as to where which wire goes...
ive searched everywhere for a proper diagram but havent found a thing.
help??
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Post a picture of the switch so we can help you out.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
The reason it has five, is because you have to manually wire each of the five settings. Now, technically, if you wanted to, you could just wire your two pickups in the 1st and 2nd slots. Problem being, if you even accidentally went into 3rd, 4th, or 5th you'd have no sound. Unfortunately, you'll have to keep looking online. I mean, try google some more. Actually..

Found a link for you. You'll just have to scroll down to where your appropriate conditions are.. 2 humbuckers, I assume, being it a Dean. POSSIBLY some EMG's/something else if you customed. Either way, keep in mind that EMGs are technically humbuckers, if that's the case.

Best of luck man, hope this site helps:
http://www.guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/wiringresources.22pickupdiagrams/
ok so im a complete idiot right? i misinformed everyone as to what my issue is,
heres some pictures hopefully....
heres my first selector switch, the one im replacing, it has four prongs, 1 at the top there and then three at the bottom.

ok and heres the new selector switch , it has more spots to put wires and im confused as **** and tired and just wanna finish this and go to bed pretty much it has two spots on the top of it there, and then 3 at the bottom
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Quote by benEboy2008
ok so im a complete idiot right? i misinformed everyone as to what my issue is,
heres some pictures hopefully...
Not that big of a problem. The switch that came out of the guitar also has 5 terminals.

Look carefully.

The old switch
You have the frame connection at the top. That much is obvious.
That's where your ground connections can be joined together.
Then at the bottom, you have two switches, one one each side.
When you push the lever, to the left it will separate the leaves on the right, breaking the contact.
When you push the lever, to the right it will separate the leaves on the left, breaking the contact.

The inner leaves aren't pushed by the switch.
The tabs for them are bent toward each other and are joined together.
That's not one tab. It's actually two.
Can you see how that works?

The new switch

Has it's frame (ground) connection at the bottom.
because of that, it will be easier if you

- use the connections to the left and right of it,
to perform the same function as the tabs to left and right on the old switch.

Then use both of the tabs at the top, connected together the same way you used the two tabs joined together on the old switch.

Does that all make sense?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
thanks guy!! i did that, but now another problem has arrised, i have no sound from my neck pickup lol
i think thats just me being a sleepy idiot last night or else i effed somthing up wiring everything ot the pots .
i was putting new pickups in my cadillac (thats my dean) and fried the neck volume pot aand broke the selector switch in about 5 minutes. so now im putting these replacements in and its getting kind of funny.

plus i ordered the wrong kind of replacement pot and its like 3 times the size it should be, but i made it fit. now it sjust a matter of figuring out why my neck pickup doesnt work for me. i have it wired as to the diagram on seymourduncan.com

why does it have to be such a bitch to wire humbuckers when i can redo my strat in about 10 seconds with my eyes closed??
Quote by CORT noob