I have a 7 song gig coming up with my band, which includes my brother on drums my Dad on bass, and I play guitar/lead vocals .

All the songs NOT marked with a star is sung by me

Our setlist:

"Last Kiss" by Wayne Cochran/Pearl Jam
"Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
"I Want It All" by Queen
"Letter to Elise" by The Cure
"Don't Go Away" by Oasis
"Through Glass" by Stone Sour *** (my brother sings)
"Closing Time" by Semisonic *** (my brother sings)
-----My Rig---
GUITARS:
-Epiphone Les Paul Studio
-BC Rick Warlock
-Washburn WR120
AMPS:
-Randall RH200G2 Half Stack
-Crate GX-15
-Fender Performer 650
FX:
-Digitech RP-80
Quote by V-A-N
I have a 7 song gig coming up with my band, which includes my brother on drums my Dad on bass, and I play guitar/lead vocals .

All the songs NOT marked with a star is sung by me

Our setlist:

"Last Kiss" by Wayne Cochran/Pearl Jam
"Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
"I Want It All" by Queen
"Letter to Elise" by The Cure
"Don't Go Away" by Oasis
"Through Glass" by Stone Sour *** (my brother sings)
"Closing Time" by Semisonic *** (my brother sings)

Got anything besides '90s alternative? Im being an ass, just wondering.
Last edited by ThePeacefrog at Feb 12, 2008,
Depending on where you're playing, you might want to play some of the more popular songs by some of those bands.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
For some odd reason I think the vocals are going to be terrible. Not bashing you or anything, but if you can sing like Freddy Mercury you shouldn't be playing crappy cover gigs with your dad and brother.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Its pretty good.
But it depends on the audience, are the audience younger or older?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Yeah depending where you're playing you might want to play a few more recognizable songs that people who aren't big fans of the band will know.
We usually like to open with something more upbeat. Perhaps not about a sad lonely death in a car crash...

Other than that, it depends on who you're crowd is. Do you want people to dance? (Then change every song except closing time). Do you want people to sing along? What age group? You have a songs that appeal to all demographics. For example nobody under the age of 40 is going to get really into that particular Queen song. Also no adults will really enjoy the Pumpkins song. They're all good songs, don't get me wrong. But it seems like a randomly tossed together list. Decide what you want to accomplish, then choose songs to best fit that.

Good luck
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
you need some Weezer, stat.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
my band is the entertainment during intermission of a high school pageant so that is the reason for the slower in tempo songs
-----My Rig---
GUITARS:
-Epiphone Les Paul Studio
-BC Rick Warlock
-Washburn WR120
AMPS:
-Randall RH200G2 Half Stack
-Crate GX-15
-Fender Performer 650
FX:
-Digitech RP-80
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Needs some Cannibal Corpse.

lol +1

But your in a band with your dad and brother?
thats kinda weird
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by V-A-N
my band is the entertainment during intermission of a high school pageant so that is the reason for the slower in tempo songs
Unless you want everyone to completely fall asleep, I suggest some picker-upers. You got a Bassist, drummer and yourself on guitar, play some Tool dang it. Some punk songs too.
i like the queen. don't know anything else on there though.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Your a bit all over the shop man. People won't want to hear random songs from big name bands from a cover band. Its ok for the actual band because they wrote the song, but people expect to hear popular songs from cover bands.
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
yeah dude,
dont wanna be harsh but thats all pussy rock
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I would throw in something upbeat that everyone knows. Maybe some Nirvana that isn't Smells Like Teen Spirit. It is a dance so throw in something like Drain You (which is the 2nd best song Cobain ever wrote, right behind Aneurysm). Or even a Foo Fighters song if that is too alternative.

But seriously, I have my doubts you can play Brian May guitar and sing Freddy Mercury vocals.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Put "Last Kiss" in the middle. Start with something more upbeat, perhaps "I Want It All".
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
I can assure you that more than half the people you are playing for wont know those songs or those bands.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by M.O.P
I can assure you that more than half the people you are playing for wont know those songs or those bands.

And won't like them.
Quote by fob12
And won't like them.

+1

lol im agreeing with someone named fob12
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I would start with "Today" simply because of that opening tune. Then again, I'm not a gigging musician so my opinion is worthless anyways.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Kimonas
king diamond. you need it

haha, yes. Dress your dad up really badass and play Catamaran, by Bear vs. Shark. trust me, it will be a whole new pageant.
I don't see bohemian rhapsody in that "list" of yours. What kind of list is it if there's no bohemian rhapsody in it?

Try Rick rolling the whole crowd, you are gonna be a hero, and gonna see the ban hammer in real life