somethin i wrote a couple hours ago, i know the recording is ****ty beyond belief i dont want to be judged on that, but the song, mainly the first 50 seconds of it, to when it gets back into the main chord progression...it is a little sloppy at times but what do you think?
http://www.myspace.com/wdhmusic
i like it, not the same old chord prog, a good listen for sure. with lyrics it would be great. id crit more but ima bout to go to sleep
pretty catchy tune. It's sorta shiny happy stuff, but with a somber tone. Does that make any sense?
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Not too bad...

If you want an honest opinion, it's quite simplistic and generic, but how long have you been playing?

You said it was sloppy, so I won't mention anything about the timing, technique etc.......

Keep jamin
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
ive been playing for quite a while, 3 years about, but for about 9 months i didnt play at all, just started back up a couple weeks ago. but please do comment on the timing and technique i want to hear it all
1st off, let me just tell you that this is JUST my opinion, and other may disagree...

I honestly like the 3 chord progression, but I feel it's one of those things best left for either an intro, or a very small passage within a song, but with letting all the strums ring...Just my opinion though. That A chord with the high E and B strings left open is a very common chord to use for beginners...

The picking part doesn't really do anything for me.

The timing, well..........it's off, especially at the transitions. Bbut that's ok, can always be worked on.

The fingering doesn't sound clean. Again, it can be worked on....No shame in that at all...

The strumming pattern is a bit generic.

But listen man, if there is any advice that I can give is that you keep writing, get a metronome and keep recording...

What you have there is a damn good step in developing. It's good that you submitted it for feedback. It is remniscent of a lot of the stuff I used to write when I had just started out.

Don't by any means ever stop writing, no matter what anyone says or thinks about your material man... Evolution is the key...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yeah, this was just a rough recording, too lazy to record it again, as i usually dont record stuff...the ending isnt how i want it i just ****ed up and kept goin with it.
i used to be better than this back when i had an electric, but its gunna take some practice to get to my groove back, but yeah thanks for the advice