^^ that dude is right. It's all Vai. It says so on Wikipedia so it must be true.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Ry Cooder plays the all country licks in the movie, Vai only does the end sequence
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
Ry Cooder plays the all country licks in the movie, Vai only does the end sequence

It's Blues ye Bastard

edit- and yeah, Cooder plays everything up to Daniel-son's last slide solo, after that

it's Vai vs. Vai
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Nah, Vai did his own part live on recording, but it was Ry Cooder that did Macchio's normal part, but Vai did Eugenes Trick Bag.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Vai at least composed the end sequence, I don't know if he played it or what.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I heared somewhere that it was stevie ray vaughn playing the blues licks, but they were obviously wrong
Quote by fretsonfire74
wrong. the shred parts are vai. the slide parts are ry cooder.

I apologize
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
He definitely fakes it. A tele doesn't even have the required number of frets, not to mention the whammy.