k long story short we wer at band practis nd them some guys we knew showd up nd we stopd practisn nd some ppl started drinkin nd we ended up at the singers flat then we went nd got food nd somehow someone got the idea of blowing stuff up anyway we ended up at a school and mind you this whole time me nd my mate r tagging along becoz we need a ride bak to my car. In the end a can of aerosol got blown up inside a plastic rubbish bin and a guy saw, yelled and chased us. We got away, but they saw license plates and tracked the singer down.

Police questioning today, I answered everything truthfully except i didn't dob anyone in when i could have.
I didn't put the can in the bin, light anything, pour any accelerant (meths), purchase anything used in the incident, or interact with the fire in any way, i watched from a distance.
Someone who gave a statement said it was my idea, it was not, i encouraged it partly until i saw they weren't doing it at their house and were going to a school.

The cop didn't believe me, and said even if i didn't do anything i'm still accessory and it's arson and therefore i could be charged with arson, and could be jailed.

I'm 17 and scared sh*tless everyone says she was just trying to scare us but i dunno.

Apparently it's up to the school to decide what happens to us, though that doesn't sound right to me.

So yeah no-one thinks it'l even get to court but even so, what are my options, can i use diversion on something this small? I think it'll get thrown out, i mean we blew up a like $15 plastic bin it probably still works fine, a guy where i live was an arsonist responsible for $100,000 of damage and he got 10 months, to put it in perspective.

I live in New Zealand by the way
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'm going to say don't worry about it too much. The worst might be a little bit of community service for blowing **** up, but you definitely won't get jailed. There was a guy here a few years back that burned my elementary school down and he didn't even get convicted. One witness isn't going to do much.
i was dumb though and gave a statement with no lawyer and by not blaming other people for stuff i have probably stuffed up my story and they don't believe me. I didn't realise how big a deal it was until after i gave the statement and she (the cop) started ranting about how we were in trouble and we might need lawyers later and she might come back later to make arrests and ****.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Lol, crazy drunken New Zealanders
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
^^^ I wasn't drinking, I had to drive
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

First of all, you're 17. Which means unless you've had prior encounters with the law, nothing is going to happen to you. You will be tried (I doubt it will even come to that) as a minor, and given less than 30 hours of community service.

Unless its YOUR school (you are in school right?) they will probably take the police recommendation with regard to pressing charges. My advice, admit your guilt (yes you are guilty, even if you didn't light the firecracker or whatever it was), and when you go the police station wear nice pants and a dress shirt. Apologize, and face the consequences for you actions. If you show respect to the police, and don't waste their time, you'd be surprised how much easier life can be.

PS. Get some new friends who aren't dumb f*cks.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I would say it would be a slap on your wrist at worst. They wont push anything serious; I'm sure they have more important things to deal with than drunk teenagers.
I know a guy who put like glue or something around a the door frame for a class room, which is also on a second story, and lit it on fire. He only got stood down for like a week or something. I live in NZ too. He is an idiot. Well he was.
Last edited by Regression at Feb 12, 2008,
to handlerb in NZ if you are 17 you can be convicted as an adult even though you are not legally an adult, not my school, at uni studying music this year, yes i am young for varsity.

to Donaldguitar wtf? I'm not sure what you're problem is but as i stated, i had nothing to do with the incident and was there for a free ride basically, but that makes me a criminal
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
to handlerb in NZ if you are 17 you can be convicted as an adult even though you are not legally an adult, not my school, at uni studying music this year, yes i am young for varsity.

to Donaldguitar wtf? I'm not sure what you're problem is but as i stated, i had nothing to do with the incident and was there for a free ride basically, but that makes me a criminal

It does, you should have called the police, if you are so innocent.
Quote by handlerb
First of all, you're 17. Which means unless you've had prior encounters with the law, nothing is going to happen to you. You will be tried (I doubt it will even come to that) as a minor, and given less than 30 hours of community service.

Unless its YOUR school (you are in school right?) they will probably take the police recommendation with regard to pressing charges. My advice, admit your guilt (yes you are guilty, even if you didn't light the firecracker or whatever it was), and when you go the police station wear nice pants and a dress shirt. Apologize, and face the consequences for you actions. If you show respect to the police, and don't waste their time, you'd be surprised how much easier life can be.

PS. Get some new friends who aren't dumb f*cks.

+1

that's the best way to go, just be polite, honest, tell em what happened, take your punishment (yes it is partly your fault for being there and not stopping them) and in the future hang out with different people
call the police on people i know? Wow, why go to jail when you can get the crap kicked out of you by your own bandmates. I know it was stupid, and i should have left, but whats hindsight for ay? I'm just worried that I'm going to get wrongly charged because someone said it was my idea
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

How on earth did you people read that? Oh, nevermind.. I've been awake too long, I'm kinda seeing things.. Someone please shorten it for me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
How on earth did you people read that?

LOL I was waiting for someone to say that
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
LOL I was waiting for someone to say that

I'm illiterate.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
basically, ended up at a school where some friends blew up a can in a bin, and a guy saw, in the end we got questioned and i had nothing to do with it but yeah, anyways apparently i can get charged with arson for being there
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

damn, that sucks man. they can't do much though. a 15 dollar bin won't wind up in 30 years behind bars.
Quote by druz15_UG
k long story short we wer at band practis nd them some guys we knew showd up nd we stopd practisn nd some ppl started drinkin nd we ended up at the singers flat then we went nd got food nd somehow someone got the idea of blowing stuff up anyway we ended up at a school and mind you this whole time me nd my mate r tagging along becoz we need a ride bak to my car. In the end a can of aerosol got blown up inside a plastic rubbish bin and a guy saw, yelled and chased us. We got away, but they saw license plates and tracked the singer down.

Police questioning today, I answered everything truthfully except i didn't dob anyone in when i could have.
I didn't put the can in the bin, light anything, pour any accelerant (meths), purchase anything used in the incident, or interact with the fire in any way, i watched from a distance.
Someone who gave a statement said it was my idea, it was not, i encouraged it partly until i saw they weren't doing it at their house and were going to a school.

The cop didn't believe me, and said even if i didn't do anything i'm still accessory and it's arson and therefore i could be charged with arson, and could be jailed.

I'm 17 and scared sh*tless everyone says she was just trying to scare us but i dunno.

Apparently it's up to the school to decide what happens to us, though that doesn't sound right to me.

So yeah no-one thinks it'l even get to court but even so, what are my options, can i use diversion on something this small? I think it'll get thrown out, i mean we blew up a like $15 plastic bin it probably still works fine, a guy where i live was an arsonist responsible for $100,000 of damage and he got 10 months, to put it in perspective.

Your spelling got progressively better as the post went on.
<Han> I love Hitler
Don't worry about it, New Zealand has a really pathetic legal system.
Just tell it like it happened. You seem to have had nothing to do with it, just a few stupid friends.

Although, it could all depend on what part of auckland you're in. If you're anywhere near south auckland, people are likely to be pretty pissed. Anywhere else, likely not so much.
Also, the fact that you appear to be an honest university student (as opposed to a dropout) should help.

And that's just if they actually take you to trial. It's more than possible they're just using scare tactics to make you dob in your mates so they've got a stronger case against them.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
yeah well nthin will prbly happn caus u gys wer just tagin along so th fuz cant do nthin bcause they sck mybe nxt time if u typd prperly mor ppl wuld undrstand u
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Quote by druz15_UG

I wasn't going to reply because of your typing, but...

I'd say you and your friends are immature idiots, however I doubt you will be charged. Cops love scaring immature idiots. If you were charged, you would probably get diversion, if convicted, community service or a fine. The school could seek vandalism charges.

Advice - be a man, front up to the school/police with your buddies, pay for the damage you did and don't do it again.
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Feb 12, 2008,
Quote by scarecr0w
yeah well nthin will prbly happn caus u gys wer just tagin along so th fuz cant do nthin bcause they sck mybe nxt time if u typd prperly mor ppl wuld undrstand u

Ironic.
My God, did you learn any punctuation?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
How on earth did you people read that? Oh, nevermind.. I've been awake too long, I'm kinda seeing things.. Someone please shorten it for me.

Melodic music loving fool thought it was a good idea to blow up school bins with his fellow melody lovers.

They all got arrested for ****ty taste in music.
dw nothing will happen for just blowing up a bin.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by teegman
Melodic music loving fool thought it was a good idea to blow up school bins with his fellow melody lovers.

You are my favorite troll ever
even if the skool doesnt press charges, arent they still gonna kick u out for going to skool drunk as hell?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
i had friend who through petrol on a load of bins and started melting them , he never got in any trouble, the people were given new bins

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Um i live in Dunedin not Auckland, why does everyone in Auckland think oh hes from, new zealand he must be from auckland.

Teegman, i don't remember mentioning my music taste, but thanks neway

And can everyone please read initial post, i did NOT blow the bin up, was NOT drunk, and we've already been to the police for questioning, we're waiting for the school to decide if they press charges.

We bought flowers and a card for the prinicpal, and the guys who were mainly involved are going round to her house and apologising and sh*t and one guys doin a huge speech sayin how sorry we are and we want to make it up to the school and stuff
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
basically, ended up at a school where some friends blew up a can in a bin, and a guy saw, in the end we got questioned and i had nothing to do with it but yeah, anyways apparently i can get charged with arson for being there

I doubt they would take you as far as trial, but if they do, then just tell on those assholes that framed you first.

Quote by teegman

You just made me remember about that stupid thread.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by 8footsativaist

And that's just if they actually take you to trial. It's more than possible they're just using scare tactics to make you dob in your mates so they've got a stronger case against them.

Beat me to it. More than likely.

And get some friends who aren't knobsh*tes.
we got off, the cop called a meeting and we gotta pay for the bin nd like clean up the school one day or sumthn, but thanks for all your reassuring comments, and strange irrellevant comments
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
we got off, the cop called a meeting and we gotta pay for the bin nd like clean up the school one day or sumthn, but thanks for all your reassuring comments, and strange irrellevant comments

so no jail time